| sixteen: interstellar

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
Interstellar
⠀⠀⠀⠀    

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." Scott assured me. He was awkwardly rolling his helmet around in his hands as he leaned back against his motorcycle. "Going on dates are my thang."

"Okay, you are officially weird," I nodded my head and smiled, looking from Scott to Kira. I backed away a little, ready to leave. "I'll see you guys later, okay?"

Kira jumped onto the bike, flashing a smile at me before she placed her helmet on top of her head. She waved, seeming excited and energetic. "Yeah, cool. Later!"

I waved back, soon becoming stuck between Scott as his arms wrapped around me. He purposefully tightened his grip, making me feel as though I was suffocating. The alpha is an asshole.

"Let go of me!" I squirmed in his arms, over exaggerating about it like a five year old.

"Not until you say it." He was squeezing tighter now, sounding like such a smart ass.

I sighed, noticing the many students who were walking past us in the parking lot, each of them glaring at me and Scott. Embarrassing... maybe I should just get this over and done with. "I love you, you idiot werewolf brother."

"That's so homo," Scott joked, earning a punch in his chest from me to him. The two of us laughed it off before he finally pushed away and started walking back to his motorbike. "I love you too, kid."

I rolled my eyes, obviously hating the word 'kid', but I gave my last smile to Kira and Scott before turning around to face Beacon Hills High. "Have fun, losers!" I saluted the two of them, even though I couldn't see where they were anymore. The engine of Scott's motorbike was louder than most of the horns and cars within the parking lot, but my brothers bike faded out almost instantly.

By the time I made it through the doors of my lovely school, it seemed as though students were really loving the whole 'stay and study', because there are at least thirty students still swarming the current hallway I'm in. Considering school ended a half hour ago, it'd have to be a first that I've seen this many people voluntarily hanging out here still. Then again, I'm one of them. Luckily for me, the crowd wasn't that big of a distraction, because I was soon able to see Liam and Mason standing besides my locker - well, Mason's locker too, since we're locker neighbours. I could feel a smile spread among my lips and my steps seemed to be more comfortable the closer I got to them. I knew it was because I felt happy being able to see them again. Maybe it was also because the two of them are such idiots, or maybe it's Liam in general. Either way, I was feeling good about myself, and it seemed as though nothing could change that.

"Hey, I thought you would've left by now." The words flowed out naturally, proving just how comfortable I felt around them already. One month of supernatural occurrences, and I'm already considering them best friends. Well, I guess I could call Liam more than a friend.

Liam and Mason turned around simultaneously, the two of them smiling. "Hey, Jess." Mason greeted with a larger smile, while Liam just grabbed ahold of my hand.

"Hey," I nodded, looking from him to Liam. The two of them looked way to suspicious, but I ignored it and considered it a boy thing. "Excited for the game tonight?"

"Hell yeah!" Mason smacked a hand against his open locker door, making it slam shut in an instant. "I'd like to see you kick some ass out there, huh Liam?"

Liam was quiet while Mason and I looked at him in awe. In all honesty, I'm pretty ecstatic about the game tonight. Or maybe I'm just ecstatic about seeing Liam play. After a moment, I realised Liam looked nervous. What was up with him?