| nine: segregation

CHAPTER NINE
Segregation
⠀⠀⠀⠀  

I woke up to find myself in Liam's arms.

That's the thing. I woke up. I don't recall trying to fall asleep, but it didn't matter anyway. Both of Liam's arms were around my stomach and we were basically spooning. I blinked my eyes a few times to focus on the wall ahead of me and slowly began turning my head around. I would've thought Liam was asleep by how quiet his breathing was, but instead his eyes were wide open as he stared back at me.

"Hi." I mumbled doing my best to twist my body around. His grip around me loosened which helped me to finally position myself so that I was lying down in front of him, our eyes directly on each other's.

"Hi." He smiled. God, did his eyes always become more blue each time I looked into them?

I smiled back and my eyes seemed to close naturally. I guess I was still somewhat tired.

"You snore."

My eyes snapped open and my mouth was already wide open due to shock. "I do not!"

"Yeah, you do. In fact, you sleep talk too." Liam chuckled and grabbed one of my hands in his.

"Oh, bullshit!" I defended, giggling at the adorable smile he had on his face. I squeezed his hand tighter and pulled it into my chest.

"Oh, come on. You were practically speaking as if you were awake. You just hate to admit you sleep talk." Liam smirked, poking my backside with his free hand.

"Oh yeah, then what did I say?" I challenged him with squinty eyes.

"Kiss me Liam, kiss me!" He said before imitating kissy faces. I raised my eyebrows and found myself gasping again. I smacked my hand down onto his chest and watched as he laughed uncontrollably. I laughed too, rolling over him until he was underneath me. My legs were at the sides of his thighs and I quickly slapped my hands down onto his wrists before he had any chance of pushing me off.

"Don't you dare." His laughter stopped and his expression became serious. I raised an eyebrow, smirking at him before pulling my hands away so I could attack his stomach with them.

"Payback's a bitch!" I giggled, tickling all over his body. His laughter filled the room and he began flailing his arms around like a maniac. One of his hands were close to hitting me across the face, so I decided to use one hand to restrain it.

His free hand began pulling at my hand on his stomach and his laughter only grew louder. "No, no, no!"

"Yes, yes, yes!" I grabbed his free hand and pulled it beside me so I could tuck it under my leg. I did the same with his other hand, and pushed my body down to make sure they were totally and utterly stuck.

"Ha!" I said with a grin. Liam just lay there, looking at me with a red face and a smile.

"You're nice enough to stop now, are you?" He joked.

I shrugged my shoulders and pushed myself up off the bed for a split second so he could move his hands. It was true, I was being nice by letting him free. He deserves revenge though.

I moved my arms and rested them on either side of Liam's head, leaning my head in further until our noses were touching.

"Maybe I am."

His eyes were continuously switching from my eyes to my lips. Maybe I'll be able to get revenge after all.

I leaned inward and attached my lips to his. He easily slipped his tongue in like I had planned, so I pulled away quickly and placed a chaste kiss on his lips instead. His eyes widened and his eyebrows stitched together like he was angry at me for pulling away. If this is what revenge feels like, then maybe I should do it more often.