👑4

Amra woke up with a terrible headache the next day. She couldn't move or talk. All she could do was lay down still, trying to get help.

Another asthma attack. Subhanallah. She told herself. Her breathing was getting quite heavy, it became hard to leave her eyes open.

She tried to sit up but the more she tried, the harder it became. She muttered Ayatul Kursīyu and prayed for herself.

In a few minutes, she became stronger and she managed to get up. She made her way out of the room to go down to the parlour.

She walked slowly but she got there.

"Amra?" Her mother said, more like asked.

"Mummy, am I going to die?" Amra asked as her mother helped her to sit.

"No, In Shaa Allah you won't. Stay strong." Her big sister, Maryam said.

"Mum, if she dies. I'll feel responsible." Her twin brother, Ameer stated.

"Why?" The mother asked with a look of disbelief.

"I heard when she kept shouting, coughing and calling for help. She scared Mufeedah so I took Mufeedah to Ya Maryam's room and left Amra in the room. Amra held me tight and told me to get you but I told her to sleep it off. She complained of a headache and chest pain. She was pale. Mum, I'm a murderer."

"No, you aren't. You are cranky when you are woken up." The mother said. "Never let anger get to you." She warned.

"Mum, we need to take her to the hospital." Maryam said, concerned.

"Amra, hang on. In Shaa Allah you will be fine. Ameer you'll follow me to the hospital. Maryam please stay with Mufeedah." The mother stated as they left the house.

"Is she going to be okay?" Mufeedah asked Maryam.

"In Shaa Allah, she will be. Now, let's go bake her a get well soon cake."

"Is it gonna be chocolate?" Mufeedah asked excitedly.

"Yes, Amra loves chocolate cake. We'll bake her a chocolate fudge cake"

"My brother also loves chocolate and anything chocolate related."

"You have a brother?"

"Yes. He's Amra's friend but she doesn't know his name."

"Has she met him?"

"No."

"What's his name?"

"Promise me you won't tell Amra."

"I promise."

"His name is Sadiq."

"Nice name."

"He's handsome and he's 19."

"Wow. Shall we bake?"

"Yes."

So Mufeedah and Maryam started baking.

At the hospital

"Doctor, how's my daughter?" The worried mother asked.

"She'll be fine. She will have to stay the night so we can observe her." The doctor assured the mother.

"Alhamdulillah. Ameer, call your dad." The mother ordered.

"Okay, mum, I will." Ameer said to his mother and asked the doctor, "can we see her?"

"Yes, you can." The doctor said.