👑27

Two years later

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you." I woke to the sound of some person or people singing. Wait, that was Ya Fauzi, Ya Ibrahim and Ya Maryam.

"Oh myyyyyyy. Ya Fauzi. You're really here." I couldn't help but say.

"Happy birthday lil sis. My baby is all grown up." She faked a sniffle.

I stood up and hugged her. I hugged my brother too.

"Well, Maryam, I don't need to hug you because I see you every day." I still hugged her.

They all left my room after the little reunion.

Two years have passed in a blur. Wow, I'm already 18. Oh shittt. I am 18 like 1 and 8 when they come together. Don't mind me because I'm just exhausted.

I went into the bathroom and had my first bath, at the age of eighteen that is. Don't mind my craziness.

After about what seemed like 10 minutes, I got out of the bathroom and went to my closet and brought out the perfect attire for today, black sweatpants and a blue t-shirt. Since, it was a little chilly considering the December weather. I decided to wear a black cropped hoodie with the word babygirl written on it

 I decided to wear a black cropped hoodie with the word babygirl written on it

With that, I was ready for breakfast.

I walked into the kitchen expected to see my mother and instead I saw aunt Safiya, my mother's sister. I really dislike this woman. I had no choice but to greet her.

I smiled at her and greeted her. She replied me and smiled back.

"Happy birthday, Amra." She said and I thanked her.

As I was making myself some coffee, my mum came into the kitchen.

"Good morning, mama."

"Good morning, ammi. Happy birthday, darling. May Allah bless you."

"Ameen." I said as I hugged her.

I went back to my room with a plate of pancakes on one hand and a cup of coffee on the other.

I grabbed my phone from the dresser and sat on the bed.

I entered photos and started viewing photos of my classmates and I.

I came across so many pictures with happy memories you know. Then I came across a folder named AmSad. That was the name Cami gave Sadiq and I because she thought we were meant to be.