Chapter 11

Y/n pov

It had been a few weeks since my birthday and Emil really did walk with me to school and almost everywhere. I have to admit that it was fun having someone else to talk with.

Currently we decided to walk to a café after school. "Thanks for coming with me here, I had been craving a coffee from here for a while" I said smiling looking over the cute little menu in front of me.

"Yeah no problem, Lukas had wanted me to pick him up a coffee anyway" he said looking over his menu.

Once the waiter came and took our orders Emil turned to look at me.

Emil's pov

Today I was going to tell her, Lukas had tried to get me to say it earlier but I wasn't ready. Y/n had been saying for a while she wanted to come here so I'm treating her and going to confess.

Lukas had said she liked me back and I see no reason why I shouldn't believe my own brother.

For weeks Matthias and Lukas had been on my case about it. It was annoying and they were always teasing me.

After both of us ordered our drinks I looked up to her. My hands fidgeting with the sleeves of my sweater and my face was feeling really warm and I could have sworn the temperature in here rose up by 10° (sorry if you're on the metric system and don't understand this).

Clearing my throat I opened my mouth and right on time the waiter came with our drinks. We fave our thanks and y/n picked uo hers and took a sip.

"Y/n? I have something to tell you" I said trying my best to keep my composure.

She looked up at me curiously, "what is it Em?" I took a deep breathe in and out before turning ny attention to her.

"Y/n, I like you. More than a friend, and I get that you're my brother's best friend but I promise my intentions aren't to ruin the relationship you have with him, but I can't just hide this from you" I said sincerely.

For once, I couldn't read y/n face and I got worried. Did she really despise me that much? No. It couldn't be that.

"Emil, I like you too, a lot" she said and I felt my heart jump but then "but I can't be in a relationship. I couldn't bare to put you through that pain and danger Emil. I like you a lot Emil and wish we could be together but with David back and already doing this stuff, I can't imagine what he would do to you."

When saying this y/n face turned into one of hurt. Her head looking down at her cup and at the moment I knew that she was sincere. Was this why she rejected Matthias a while back?

She was hurting herself trying to protect us, this is what Lukas wanted to tell me. I quickly leaned over andnheld her hand bringing her closer to me almost spilling her drink and I did it.

I was kissing her.

To my surprise she kissed back, her sweet lips connecting with mine, I could taste the coffee she had sipped a few seconds earlier. I was the one who broke the kiss. Slowly I opened my eyes and watched her do the same, a blush on her face and I'm sure I was the same.

"Maybe you should stop putting others before you y/n. If you want to be with me then do it. I can handle it, we can keep it hidden so he can't find out." My boldness suprising me as well but I wasn't going to show it.

"What do you say y/n?"

--------
A/N: woop woop! Cliffhanger! So what do you guys think??? Hopefully you like!