Chapter 24

Y/N pov

After an hour of just sitting next to Matthias at the hospital. I hear the sound of a familiar woman calling my name.

I look up and see my mother with tears in her eyes.

"M-Mom?"

"Y/n. Oh my god y/n you're ok" she quickly ran to me and embraced me in a hug. My dad followed suit and joined in on the hug.

"What are you guys doing here? You're suppose to be on a business trip." My voice was low and I don't know why.

"Y/n, what happened? We got a call from Lukas and then another from the police. We were worried. We cancelled the meeting and rushed over here.." my dad said worriedly and confused.

"I- I'm sorry I made you do that.." the guilt flooded me. My parents cancelled a meeting to come for me.

I'm such a spoiled brat.

"What? No sweetie, you're our number one priority. We're sorry if we never showed that." My mom hugged me again sincerely and I bit my lip feeling the burning sensation in my eyes of tears threatening to spill.

"Wh-why weren't you here for me then?" I finally was able to say.

There it was. The question I always refused to ask myself about my parents.

I could feel Lukas and Emil sense the mood right now and that's when I lost it. The tears finally fell and everything I bottled up about them finally came out.

"If I was a priority? Why did I spend my birthday without you? Why did I spend Christmas alone with Lukas and Matthias? Where were you when I was dating David!? You're suppose to guide me through a relationship and help me stay out of danger! Where were you?" The last part came out as sort of a whisper.

Emil came upto me and pulled me into a hug. I had lost it. And everyone could tell.

The tears wouldn't stop and I was holding onto him for dear life.

The room was silent besides the sound of my tears. Until Lukas spoke up.

"Doctors L/N, I think it's best if y/n stays over our house for night. Give her time to collect herself. It was a hectic night for all of us." There was Lukas to save the day.

Emil took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders and we all walked out of the hospital leaving my parents behind.

---------------------
A/N: short chapter but I feel it was a really heavy one