Ch. 6

Ella Mai was layed up on Khalid. They were on the couch, watching a movie on Netflix. She was comfortable around him. They've been dating for months, and they get closer day by day.

Someone knocks on the door. He sighs.

"Damn, why is it that every time I try to spend more time with you, people try to get in the way? He asked in frustration. "It's like my popularity gets in the way of me and you, and my friends."

"Baby relax, I don't mind it."

"I know but... I spend less time with y'all."

She pulls him into a hug. Someone knocks again.

"Baby get that."

He nods, then went to the door. He opens it to see his friends, Jaden and Amandla. They were dressed comfortably.

"Hey, mind if we have a sleepover?" Jaden asked.

Khalid instantly smiled.

"Come on in."

"Yayyy slumber party!" Amandla quietly exclaims.

Khalid laughs. They walked in his house. They saw Ella Mai on the sofa.

"Hey Ella." Amandla said.

"Heyy."

She gets up to hug her, then she hugs Jaden.

"Y'all sit down." Khalid tells them.

They sat down. Someone knocked on the door again.

"Who's that now?" He asked.

They shrugged. He went to see who was at the door. It was Alessia, Jorja, and Gabi. He lets them in.

"Good to see y'all." He tells them.

"Heyyy!" Ella Mai says.

The girls ran to her, giving each other tight hugs.

"What y'all two up to?" Alessia asked, smirking.

"Well Khalid and I were just watching a movie."

"Oooh, mind if we join y'all?" Jorja asked.

"Join the party." Khalid says.

They cheered, and sat with them.

"So... what to watch?" Ella Mai asked.

They shrugged. Khalid puts on a random movie.

After a while, everyone were sleep. Khalid and Ella Mai were on the couch together, while Jaden and Amandla were sitting on a love seat, sleep. Alessia, Gabi, and Jorja were on the floor. The TV displayed the main menu screen of Netflix. A flicker on the screen woke Khalid up. He slowly lifted himself up to find the remote. He turns off the TV, and went right back to sleep.

The next morning, Khalid wakes up. Everyone wasn't in the living room anymore. He looks around, then the smell of bacon hits his nose. He walks to the kitchen to see his friends eating. The girls were sitting at the bar, while Ella Mai, Jaden, and Amandla were sitting at the table. Ella Mai looks up and smiled.

"Good morning baby." She said.

"Good morning babe."

He hugs her from behind. She lays her head on his arms.

"Y'all are so damn cute, it's disgusting." Amandla says.

Khalid and Ella Mai blushes.

"What's for breakfast?" Khalid asked.

"Bacon, waffles, and scrambled eggs." Ella Mai replies.

"Special breakfast, made by me." Gabi says.

"Served by me." Alessia added, smiling.

Khalid smiles, as he fixed himself a plate. He sat down at the table with his friends, and started eating.

"What should we do today?" Jorja asked.

"I heard Quavo is having a block party today, why don't we go?" Ella Mai said.

Khalid shrugs.

"Y'all really wanna go?"

"Yes!" Everyone said at once.

Khalid put his arms up.

"Alright alright, then we shall go." He said. "We're gonna take my mom's Ford Expedition."

Everyone nodded, and continue eating.

When they got done, they all got ready to go to Quavo's block party. They all got in Khalid's mom's new SUV. He started the vehicle, and drove off. They rode in silence for a little while. It was sort of an awkward silence.

"So..." Jaden started. "Who's gonna be at the party?"

"Lots of popular people from school." Khalid answers.

"Hopefully that jerk won't be there." Jorja rolls her eyes.

"Yeah... I agree." Khalid nods.

Ella Mai rubs his shoulder.

"Let's just all try to have fun." Ella Mai tells them.

Everyone nodded. They continue the ride in silence.

They finally made it to the party. It was already lit. All the cheerleaders were doing their routine, as minority of the crowd were watching. There were guys playing basketball. When they saw Khalid, they urged him to come play with them.

"Aye man, you on our team." Trevor says, standing with Quavo and Kiari.

Khalid looks at Ella Mai, who nods.

"Go have fun, babe." She says. "I will sit here and watch."

Gabi, Jorja, and Alessia nodded in agreement.

"Alright y'all, let's ball."

He goes over to the crew, and they started their game. Ella Mai and the girls watched in amusement. Jaden and Amandla went to grab some refreshments. Jacquees sees them.

"Aye who y'all came with?"

"Khalid." They replied at the same time.

"Bet, enjoy the party."

He opens the cooler for them. They grabbed a can of Sprite. They have a seat at a picnic table. Amandla rested her eyes on Jaden, who was enjoying his Sprite. He doesn't know it, but Amandla been crushing on him for a while. After a few seconds, he noticed Amandla was staring at him.

"What?"

She giggles.

"Nothing."

"Is there something on my face?"

He wipes his face, thinking he had some icing on his lip. He actually did though. She smirks, placing her finger on his lip to wipe it. She licks her finger. Jaden looks at her in shock.

"Did you really just do that?"

"Yes, I did." Amandla said, smirking.

Jaden bit his lip. So did Amandla.

Meanwhile in mid game, Khalid's team was winning of course. They were going up to 21. It was 17 to 14. Quavious passes the ball to Trevor, and he attempts to make a shot, but it didn't go through. The other team takes the ball. Khalid managed to snatch the ball and made a three pointer. Just one point, and game over. One guy from the other team took the ball, dribbling to their hoop. He dunks the ball and scored two points. Trevor caught the ball, and he passed it to Khalid. He caught it, and two other players were on him. He was under pressure. He can hear the girls yelling in the background.

"You got this, Khi!" Gabi shouted.

"Make it for the team!" Jorja added.

He sees Quavious was open. He passed it to him. He bounces the ball to their hoop, and slammed dunked their score. The crowd started cheering.

"Aye man, great game." One guy said.

"Likewise bro." Khalid replies.

He looks up, and rolled his eyes. The girls looked that way, and they huffed and puffed.

"When will this end?" Jorja said, shaking her head.