Ch. 20 (short chapter Plus Author's note)

The next morning, Khalid sat in the backyard. He woke up early enough to watch the sunrise. His mother came in the backyard.

"Honey, Ella Mai is here." She said.

"Tell her I'm back here."

"Okay."

She went back in the house. After 10 seconds, Ella Mai came through.

"Hey baby." She said.

"Hey babe."

She went to him to hug him. She sat on the backyard table with him. They watch the sunrise together.

"I'm so happy to be here with you." She said to him.

"I know, me too."

They looked in each other's eyes, and passionately kissed. He wrapped his arms around her, and he lays back on the table. She ends up laying on top of him. His mother looked through the sliding door. She smiles, and went on her business.

Jaden and Amandla came through the backyard. It caught Khalid and Ella Mai's attention. They looked back at them.

"Thought I'd catch y'all two making out here." Jaden teased.

"Hey guys." Khalid says.

They sat with them on the table.

"What a beautiful morning, yeah?" Amandla said.

They all agreed.

"We made it together." Ella Mai smiles.

"We sure did, what did it y'all!" Jaden shouted.

Khalid laughs. Once the laughs died down, Khalid looks around at his friends.

"I love y'all."

"We love you too, Khalid." Amandla tells him.

They sat on the swings and enjoyed each other's company.

-

Hey, thank y'all so much for the support of my book. Y'all are the reasons I kept on. There's a sequel in the works, and it's coming to you very soon. Check out my new story, University, if you haven't saved it in y'all libraries yet.

-Jae