Ch. 19

It got really quiet. Jacob got in front of the mic, looking around at the crowd. He looks at the graduates, and started smiling. It gave Ella Mai the chills. Khalid sighs.

"Bro, this is insane." He said to Jaden.

"It's okay man, keep your cool."

Khalid nods. Ella Mai looks back at him. She looked scared.

"It's gonna be okay, babe." He tells her.

She looks back up front.

Jacob got prepared to speak.

"Good morning to all the graduates, teachers, staffs, and to all the parents of our graduates." He said.

They all said good morning, then got real quiet.

"First of all, I wanna give it up to all the graduates here."

They cheered for them one more time.

"I can honestly say, these are some smart kids here."

Khalid was getting ready to stand up, but Jorja pulled him down.

"Relax, Khalid." She whispers to him.

He nods.

"Yeah man, don't give him the reaction." Jaden agrees.

They looked back at Jacob.

"I just wanna say how proud I am of these graduates... They did something I should've done... Especially this one particular person."

"Uh oh." Khalid thought to himself.

"Khalid Robinson... an honor roll student... an athlete... someone every student wants to be... see I used to be like that... but I messed all of that up."

"You've got that right." Ella Mai thought to herself.

"He stole my shine... He used to be the school loser."

Principal Khaled shook his head, and stood up. He whispers in Jacob's ear.

"Okay you're really making a scene here."

"Let me handle this man, it's my shine to have a speech."

He rolled his eyes, and sat back down. The crowd was chattering.

"Yeah... He was a school loser, but now he's the coolest kid in the world... now I'm the school loser."

Khalid threw his head in his lap. Jorja rubs his back.

"The reason I'm the school loser is because of me... I did this to myself." Jacob continues.

Khalid looks up.

"I thought if I picked on Khalid, I'd gain more respect... but that didn't work out too good."

Principal Khaled nodded in approval.

"Boy I tell you, Karma works in mysterious ways... ha, look who's not graduating."

The crowd laughs a bit.

"Yeah, y'all can laugh at me."

Everyone started laughing. He looks around the crowd, and smiles a bit.

Khalid smiles a little too.

"I also hurt someone... She was a sweet girl, and I ruined her all because of my greed."

Ella Mai looks up.

"Ella Mai... that was a sweet speech... and I'm sorry for what I did to you... I was greedy, and jealous of what Khalid had."

She nodded with tears in her eyes.

"You're a beautiful girl, and Khalid is lucky to have a girl like you." He continues on.

She blushes.

"And to you Khalid... I'm sorry for picking on you... I underestimated you... didn't know what you were capable of."

Khalid smiles, and nodded.

"And to everyone else... I'm so proud of y'all... Y'all do something amazing!"

With that he sat down. It was silent for a while. Khalid stood up, and slowly clapped. Jaden and Jorja joined him. Then Amandla stood up. After a while, all the graduates stood up and clapped as well. Then the whole crowd began cheering. It got loud. Principal Khaled smiles and got to the mic.

"Wow..." He started. "It takes good sportsmanship and gratitude to own up to your mistakes." He said.

Khalid and his friends smiled.

"I can honestly say that was the most beautiful speech I've ever heard."

The crowd got louder.

After the graduation, there was an after party at the park. Khalid and Ella Mai sat at the bench together.

"I'm so happy we graduated!"

"Me too babe, that was awesome." Khalid agrees.

Ella Mai looks at him, and they kissed. Jacob walks up to them. When Khalid noticed him, he stopped kissing her, and he looks at Jacob.

"Hey Khalid."

"Wassup Jacob."

They stood there for a moment. Ella Mai looks at Jacob.

"That was... A beautiful speech, Jacob." She said.

"Thanks Ella Mai," he said. "You know everything I said, I meant them."

"Thanks, Jacob... I enjoyed the speech." Khalid tells him.

"I wanna call in truce." Jacob held his hand out for Khalid to shake.

He looks at it, and shook his hand.

"You got it bro." Khalid said.

Ella Mai laughs. She was happy to see they were cool. Jaden and Amandla came their way. He stood in front of Jacob.

"Aye man, I gotta say that was a good speech." He tells him.

"Thanks man."

They shook hands.

"So what y'all waiting on? The party is over there!" Amandla said.

They went to where the party was.