Ch. 8

After Khalid dropped everyone off (except for Ella Mai), he drives back home. Him and Ella Mai were enjoying their time together. Khalid decided to take the long way home, since he wanted to enjoy this moment with her.

"Khalid?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you mean it?"

Khalid was silent. He didn't know what she was talking about.

"Did I mean what?" He asked.

"That you love me."

"Of course I did, and I meant every single piece of what I said." He answers.

"Oh Khalid."

She stares at him, admiring being in his presence. She lays her hand on his, as it was resting on the center console. He ended up grabbing her hand. He holds it to his face, and kissed it multiple times. She giggles.

"Do you want to stay with me tonight?" He asked her.

"Yesss."

"Okay, then that means I gotta bust this U-Turn." He laughs.

She laughed too. He made the U-Turn, and went on his way. His house wasn't too far from what street he was on.

He parked in his driveway. They get out, and head to the front door.

Khalid and Ella Mai were laying in bed together, watching a random movie on Netflix. Ella Mai is layed up on Khalid, as he was holding her. Her hair was tied up.

"Are you even paying attention to the movie?" She laughs.

"I-I am."

"Then explain what just happened."

"U-um..."

She laughs.

"Okay, I'ma be honest with you, nah I wasn't."

"Of course you weren't."

He playfully nudged her. She giggles, and softly hit his chest. He gets up, grabs a pillow, and they started a pillow fight. Ella Mai bashed him in the head with a small pillow, knocking him off the bed. She straddles him down, and kissed him. When they stopped, he picks her up, and got back on the bed.

She had already fallen asleep. He kissed her forehead, and layed with her.

The next morning, his mother peeps in his room. Khalid and Ella Mai were still sleep. She placed his mail on his dresser, and quietly shuts the door.

In that mail was a letter from Southern Florida University.

5 minutes after, Khalid finally wakes up. Ella Mai was still sleeping. He was admiring her beauty. He gets up, and found his mail sitting on his dresser. He picks it up, and looked at it. He was about to open it, but Ella Mai woke up. He looks back at her.

"Oh you're up."

"Good morning baby." She said in her sleepy voice.

He hugged her. She lays on his chest. She looked like she was gonna fall asleep.

"You gonna have to get up sooner or later, because we got school." He told her.

She immediately lifted her head.

"What time is it?"

"5:30, come on I'll take you home so you can get yourself together."

At school...

Khalid and Ella Mai walks to class. They had Mrs. Ross today. They walked in, already feeling the positive energy.

"Oh there's my other scholars." Mrs. Ross says energetically.

They smiled, as they took their seats. Jaden smirks at Khalid.

"So... how was last night?"

Khalid hid his face. Jaden laughs.

"Y'all smash yet?"

"No bro." Khalid says, laughing.

"Aye, it's a valid question." He shrugs.

Khalid was still laughing. Ms. Ross began passing out worksheets.

"Welp, time to get down to business Khalid." Jaden says.

Lunch time...

Khalid and his crew were having lunch outside.

"Wow, what a weekend we had." Gabi said.

"I know, so glad you brought us to the beach." Alessia added.

Everyone agrees.

"Well, it was a pleasure to have y'all as our company."

Quavo and Jacquees were coming his way.

"Aye my man." Jacquees patted his back.

"What's up guys?" Khalid asked.

"Homie, you just got an invite to Kendall's birthday party."

"OMG, KENDALL? KENDALL JENNER??" Ella Mai asked in excitement.

"That's right." Quavo answered.

"Khalid, you HAVE to go."

"When is it?"

"Tonight, bro." Jacquees answered.

"But tonight is our study night." Amandla said.

"That's right, sorry boys, I can't go."

"Come on man, a free invitation to Kendall Jenner's birthday party? I can't even get a text back from her bro." Jacquees said.

"Baby, I think you should go."

"Nah, I can't do that."

"Come on, please?" Ella Mai begs

"You should totally go." Amandla agrees.

"Do it." Jaden added.

"Alright, I guess I'll go to her party."

"Dope! We'll let her know it's a go, your friends are more than welcome to go." Quavo says.

They leave his table. Ella Mai kisses his cheek.

"OMG I can't believe we're going to Kendall Jenner's birthday party!!" She said in excitement.

Khalid didn't seem too excited.

"What's wrong, Khalid?" Jorja asked.

"Nothing, just not too psyched about it, I guess." Khalid shrugs.

Gabi, Alessia, and Jorja gasped.

"How could you NOT be excited about her birthday party?" Gabi asked. "I'd kill to go there."

"I don't know, I mean... I'm not used to this popularity stuff." He shrugs.

"It's okay baby, you'll like the party when we get there." Ella Mai told him.

"We shall see then."

They continued eating.