Ch. 15

Ella Mai was laying in bed, crying. It is a Saturday morning, and she didn't feel like doing anything today. She was waiting for Khalid to call her. Even though she was hurt from last night, she still loved Khalid, and wanted to be with him. Her mother walks in her room.

"Ella Mai, you can't just lay here all day, you should get out."

"No mama, I don't feel like leaving the house today."

"Oh come on, it's Saturday."

"Mamaaa."

"Okay okay."

She leaves her room. Ella Mai had a bunch of tissues on her bed. She gets a text message. She immediately checked her phone, to see it was only Amandla. Her smile fell into a frown. She calls her.

"Hello?"

"Hey Amandla."

"Ella Mai? You okay?" Amandla asked in concern.

"No, I... I-I miss Khalid."

"Awww, why don't you call him?"

"But I want him to call me." She tells her.

"I mean you're right... it would only make sense if he did." Amandla shrugs.

"He hurt me."

"I know, but... it wasn't intentional."

"Yeah but his popularity always gets in the way of our relationship."

"You're not lying, sis." Amandla chuckles. "I'll make sure he calls you."

"Thank you so much." Ella Mai smiles.

"Anytime, I'll talk to you soon."

"See ya."

She hangs up and lays back down. She felt a little bit better.

Later that day...

Khalid throws the ball through the hoop, feeling sad. A car pulls up at the parking lot of the park. Two girls got out. He watched as they make their way to him. He sees Jorja and Gabi. They approaches him, as he feels nervous. He knew he has it coming.

"Hey Khalid." Gabi said.

"Oh um... hi y'all."

"We need to talk." Jorja tells him.

"I know what it is... go ahead... hit me, cuss me out... do whatever you need to."

"Oh no that's not what we've came to do."

"I mean we should, but we know you so much, that we couldn't be mad at you forever." Jorja added.

"Sit down, Khalid."

He did as he was told. Jorja and Gabi sat with him at a bench.

"Khalid, Ella Mai still wants you." Gabi said.

"Sh-she does?"

"Yes, even though you really hurt her."

"I know... I really let my popularity get in the way of everything I made."

"It's those new friends you have." Jorja says.

"I've heard it a million times."

"But are you understanding though?"

"Yes, the first time... I even turned off my phone."

"So that's why when I tried to call you it went straight to voicemail." Gabi thought.

"Y-you tried to call me?"

"Yeah."

Khalid puts his head on the table.

"I really let y'all down... I'm such a disappointment."

"Oh Khalid, no." Gabi hugs him.

"I miss her."

"Well if you miss her, give her a call." Jorja tells him.

"Will she forgive me?"

"Obviously if we're out here talking to you, and not trying to kill you." Jorja laughs.

He laughs a little.

"Totally joking, call her now."

Khalid pulls out his phone, and took it off of airplane mode. He calls up Ella Mai.

She was in bed sleeping. The sunlight shines on her caramel skin, making her face glow. Her phone vibrates by her face, causing her to wake up. She slowly lifted her face and looked at her screen. When she saw Khalid's name, she immediately smiled and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

Her crispy sleepy British accent made Khalid's heart melt.

"H-hey Ella Mai."

"Hey Khalid."

"I... I-I'm sorry for everything... I let my supposed-to-be friends mess everything up for us and... I let y'all down."

"Khalid... can you come over? I wanna see you."

"I can definitely do that." He replies.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you."

"Alright."

"Later baby."

His heart dropped. She still calls him baby, after everything that happened.

"Later babes."

He hangs up, and a smiled formed on his face. Gabi and Jorja smirked.

"That's a good sign." Gabi said.

"It's a great sign... She wants me to go to her house."

"Well go... NOW!" Jorja demanded, dragging Khalid to his car.

"Hey whoa now." He laughs.

"You need to be there ASAP." Gabi says.

"And don't let nothing else stop you, or you failed your assignment."

"O-okay, well I'm gone."

He got in his Explorer. Jorja closes his door, as Khalid puts his seatbelt on.

"Please drive save." Gabi tells him.

"And make sure you call us when you get there."

"Will do."

He started his SUV, and backs out of the parking lot. He waves at Jorja and Gabi.

He went on his way to Ella Mai's house. He was feeling pretty good. He stops at a red light, and he gets a call. He looks at his screen and saw it was Jacquees. He rolled his eyes, and answers the phone.

"Yo?"

"Yo Khalid."

"Yes?"

"Come over to Kendall's house bro."

"Hell no!"

"Why not?"

"Because of her, Ella Mai and I almost broke up."

"Man come on G, Kendall is popular, and so are you."

"If being popular means losing the best thing I've ever have, then maybe it's not for me."

With that, he hangs up. He felt a bit better getting that off his chest. The light turned green. He proceeds to Ella Mai's house.