Part 2 -10

The ship was unlocked when Creed arrived. He stalked up the ramp and closed it behind him, walking straight to the back of the ship to see if Kuli and Cloudy were there.

There wasn't a soul on the ship, though.

With that knowledge, Creed made his way to the cockpit and sat down in the chair where Specter usually sat. A brief wave of grief washed over him and tears tried to break through his hard mask, but he bit them back and set his face. He had work to do, and he would not be hindered by emotion.

Jedi could twist emotions, and manipulate them, and Creed was resolved not to let that be his downfall.

Setting his hands to the controls he reached to punch the engine before it dawned on him that he had no idea where he was going. He knew he had to get off of Coruscant, but he had to find the Jedi. Then he had to find Dunn.

He knew where Dunn would be, but who knew where the Jedi was. Which meant Creed had no idea where his first stop needed to be. He needed intel before he could leave. He needed intel if he was going to do this right, and by all means, he intended to do this perfectly.

He moved his hands away from the controls and got up, moving over to Skate's seat beside the communications array. If there was one thing Creed knew about missions, it was failing them. And something any good assassin hired gun, or soldier knew was that if a mission went wrong, you had to report it. Considering that Dunn was the contact for those Jedi, it made logical sense that the Jedi would contact Dunn soon, if he hadn't already, to explain how the mission had failed, or at least not gone according to plan.

Do they know I'm not dead?

Creed hesitated, letting his mind follow the thought. If the Jedi believed he was dead, he might not be overly cautious, because there would be no one to track him and stop him. If he knew Creed was still alive, though, and had for some reason fled before the job was done, then Creed had to be careful.

Frowning, he reached for the comm board and flicked on communications, then turned on the transmission cloak before typing in Dunn's comm number. He let the program run and once it started to ring, he cut the call but traced the transmission line, hearing a crackle of static as it picked up any incoming or outgoing frequencies. The white noise continued a moment before eventually clearing up into silence.

A few minutes later voices cut in. Voices that Creed recognized.

"The job is done," the older Jedi's deep voice cut in, clearing the silence.

Dunn's voice responded after a moment and Creed barely kept himself from a snarl as he listened. "Well done. Where is the body."

"We left it on Coruscant. Don't worry, I left the grey Jedi with their weapons, and the clone's with their armor. If anyone picks out details all they should see is two wannabe sith who got a little overzealous in their efforts to prove their worth to the Separatists," he said.

"What do you mean, clones?" Dunn hissed, sounding unhappy.

"A few other's decided to crash the party. We took care of them," the Jedi said. "Or rather, I did."

Creed repressed a growl at that, gripping the arms of the chair until his knuckles were white. How dare the man speak so casually of the men he'd just killed in cold blood. Creed hated the man, almost a much as he hated Dunn. They were murderers, heartless.

Trembling some, Creed continued to listen, though, for any clue, any tidbit that might give away where the Jedi was going.

"I can't say this was your best performance, but you got the job done. I'll inspect your work before I transfer any money, though," Dunn said coldly.