Part 3 - 7

"You have three months to complete this mission. It is imperative you find that Holocron and return it. This is solo, and you will locate, free, and return the Akzano Holocron. Use whatever means necessary. A ship will be waiting for you in the docking bay for you to utilize on this mission. Understood?"

Creed nodded to the Sergeant quietly, watching the man pace back as forth, hands folded quietly.

"Good. Then move out," the Sergeant snapped.

Creed saluted formally and turned to leave the room without a word. He stalked out and headed down the hall to gather his things. He was already in armor, but he would need his fatigues and weapons from his room.

He walked down to his room and stepped inside. The place had been oddly empty the last few months without Chaos. Creed tried not to think on it much, reminding himself that he'd done the best thing for the kid. Chaos deserved better. He was better off without him.

Moving through the room quietly, Creed gathered up all of his things in a matter of minutes, strapping on all his weapons before shoving a few changes of clothes and bodysuit into a duffle bag along with anything else he might possibly need. He slung that over his shoulder and turned, leaving the room quickly as he walked down the hall, thinking over the mission details.

Holocron was last sighed in the Sith Temple way out in the outer rim. They believe the temple is guarded by some sort of force sensitive guard keeper. I'm supposed to steal the thing and bring it back since no one else has the guts to touch it. Easy. I just have no ability to fight a sith on my own, he thought. He was well prepared, but his combat was intended to be used against normal beings. Maybe he could survive a lightsaber battle, but he knew little to nothing about fighting and killing force users.

But I do know of a sect of them who would...perhaps they would be a bit open to giving me a few tips.

Creed walked across the docking bay, spotting the ship waiting for him. He spotted a tall pilot droid standing beside the ramp. No doubt to fly the ship for him and make sure he didn't go off course. Creed rolled his eyes some, pulled his pistol from its holster and shot the droid twice in the head before starting up the ramp. The droid crashed to the ground behind him and he ignored it, stepping inside the ship and touching the ramp controls to close it.

"Don't need a stupid droid to watch my every move," he mumbled sourly, stalking to the cockpit and pulling up the computer. He quickly scanned it for tracking software, then scanned the whole ship and cleared it of anything that could be used to track him before he even started up the engines.

Once the ship was clear, though, he started it up and lifted off without issue. He got into orbit, pausing a moment to look down as the ship sat in orbit. Kamino looked as horrible from the air as it did from the ground. All grey clouds, swatched in the occasional black blue of the waves.

He scowled some and looked away, pulling the ship towards the stars with one hand as he typed the coordinates for Dathomir into the nav computer. Once the vector was locked he jammed forward the hyperdrive control, watching the stars bleed into lines as he silently hoped he wouldn't have to see Kamino for a very long time.

Hours passed while Creed napped and occasionally perused information about these dathomirian witches and their home planet. Dathomir certainly didn't look like it harbored anything kind or helpful, but from what the articles said, the witches did certainly know fighting styles effective against force users and that was exactly what Creed needed. He didn't want any of their magicks just the fighting skills. He needed to be able to kill force users, not enchant them.

When the ship finally pulled out of hyperspace, Creed sat up some and began directing the ship down towards the planet. The exterior of the planet itself looked the same sickly colors as the Nightsister's themselves and Creed imagined that whatever dark arts they dabbled in had probably infect the planet long ago. He ignored it, though, and followed the blinking blue triangle now appearing on the ship's computer.