Part 4 - 5

What Creed would do to be home. It had been almost a year since he'd been able to go back. He still saw Silver and Chaos pretty regularly, Desin too sometimes, but he missed his family. Skylar...Zyler. His wife and his son. 

He'd only been able to spend a month or two with his son and he regretted being gone for so long. 

They'd promised after this he'd have six month leave, though. Just one more mission and he could go home and spend time with his wife and son. The two people he missed most in the world right now. 

Just one more mission. 

That had been six months ago. He still missed them, everyday. The memory of home, of family, it got him through the pain that never left. That memory kept him sane. Because without it he knew he would've snapped a long time ago.

He didn't know how, but he had to get back to them. 

If he had to endure more pain that this, he'd do it. Just to see their faces one more time. Just to kiss his wife and hold his son. Zyler had to have grown so much by now. 

Creed screwed his eyes shut, tears streaking his scarred face. The salt burned the cuts and marks on his face, but he didn't care anymore. The knot in his chest hurt more than all his injuries lumped together. It hurt so badly he wanted to scream, but he didn't have the voice anymore. 

He didn't have anything anymore, except a memory. 

"You really are pitiful. Honestly, you talk far too much." Kore's quiet voice invaded the darkness of the cell.

Creed didn't both to look up, wasn't even sure he had the strength to lift his head. 

"They threatened to send death after me. All they sent was you. A mortal. Oh sure, you had your claims to fame. 'I've killed immortals like you before, you're nothing!' Threats don't work unless you carry them out."

Creed tired to ignore the mocking voice of the man taunting him. He coughed lightly, tasting bile and blood in his mouth as he struggled for a thin breath. 

"You are nothing. Nothing to me, nothing to your family, nothing to your Republic. You're my message to them that they mean nothing to me. I'm so much more powerful than anything they can send at me. They are nothing and I am everything," Kore gloated, his heavy steps echoing on the floor as he began to pace.

"I wonder what they'll think when your head shows up on the front steps of the Jedi Temple. Hmmm...no, the Jedi wouldn't care. You're cannon fodder to them anyway. No, not the Jedi Temple. Kamino," Kore paused and Creed heard his boots squeak as he squatted down in front of the assassin.

"Surely you have brother's there, someone who would care. Someone to get my message across," he whispered threateningly.

Creed cracked his eyes and glared up at the yellow-eyed maniac in front of him. He stared at Kore a moment, then lunged forward with what strength he could gather and spat blood and bile into the man's face.

"T-Then d-do it," he challenged hoarsely. 

Kore started back in surprise and his eyes flashed as his expression turned livid. He rubbed his sleeve over his face, delivering a heavy kick to Creed's chest, stepping down and feeling the bones crunch under his boot. 

"Don't you dare challenge me again, mortal," Kore spat. 

Creed gasped, crying out as his ribs cracked under Kore's weight. He wheezed painfully and slumped back some as Kore finally stepped back. The open wounds on his chest and torso felt raw again from the sudden movement, and Creed bit his lip in an effort to keep silent.