too much to drink - r. ross

y/n dragged her drunk best friend into the elevator. "c'mon, let's just make it to our floor with an empty elevator." she muttered, pressing the button for her floor quickly. y/b/f let out a drunk giggle as she walked around in the small elevator, nearly falling over when it started to ascend.

y/n waited calmly for it to stop and open at her floor, but it didn't, and two people stepped inside. eyes widening, she grabbed y/b/f's hand and pulled her into the corner, whispering for her to keep her drunken voice down.

y/n was a 'clean' girl. she never drank, she never smoked, she was a virgin. the ultimate good girl on campus. her best friend, y/b/f was quite the unlikely friend, as she was a total party animal, while y/n was quiet and did more reading than anything else.

y/n stared at her best friend, trying to comepletely ignore the strangers who just hit the button to go to a higher floor. curiosity got the best of her and she glanced up at them. it was two men, one quietly whispering to his friend. she recognized them as ryan ross and brendon urie. brendon looked hella drunk.

y/n was totally silent, dreading the long elevator ride. as long as no one else walks in, everything will be fine.

or so she thought.

y/b/f was one of the happiest drunk people anyone had ever seen, a very social one as well, so she was quick to greet the boys.

"hey thereeeee!" y/b/f slurred happily, ryan shifting uncomfortably. brendon on the other hand, was all for a conversation and they both stood in the middle, conversing loudly.

"this is the longest elevator ride ever-" ryan muttered under his breath, looking up at y/n shyly. she smiled apologetically, approaching him.

"hey, ryan, right?" she asked. he nodded, smiling just a little. "sorry about her-"

the bell dinged and brendon and y/b/f ran off before ryan and y/n could process what was happening. "no! dammit we got two drunks on the loose!" y/n grabbed ryan's hand, pulling him out of the elevator and after the two.

once they caught up to the drunk young adults, y/n grabbed y/b/f and dragged her to their shared dorm room. it took her 15 minutes get her to go to bed, but the second she did, y/n ran to check on ryan.

she knocked on his dorm door, half expecting him not to answer. but it only took a moment the door to swing open. but it wasn't ryan in front of her. no, it was brendon.

"RYAN, IT'S THE PRETTY GIRL FROM THE ELEVATOR, REMEMBER, THE ONE YOU TOLD ME WAS CUTE?" brendon exclaimed, y/n turning a light shade of pink.

ryan rushed in, wearing a look of embarrassment. "brendon, go to bed, now." he ordered, shoving brendon towards his bed and then turning to y/n.

"you think i'm cute?" she asked, he hesitantly nodded.

great, now she thinks i'm a weirdo, ryan thought to himself.

"you're not so bad yourself." y/n was hoping this was how people flirted. she had no idea, no one ever flirted with her. "look, i gotta go- but do you wanna go on a date sometime?" she asked, looking down at her watch.

he nodded, beaming shyly at her. she was so beautiful. "sounds great. meet me here tomorrow at 8?"

y/n nodded, waving while she walked away.

"use protection, ry." brendon said as he closed the door, smirking at his best friend.

"shut up, dickweed and get some sleep." ryan said, heading towards his bed. he wanted a good night sleep so he could be his best for y/n tomorrow. he oh so desperately wanted to impress her.

--

the next day, ryan got distracted while people spoke to him, while purchasing coffee from starbucks, solely because he was thinking of y/n. she was just so cute.

y/n found her mind drifting off to last nights events. after filling y/b/f in, she was utterly embarassed, but kept bringing up how attractive brendon was after agreeing to help y/n get ready for her 'date'.

"here, put this on. it's not too fancy, but you look HOT in it!" she exclaimed, tossing her a black dress that when she put it on, it stopped at her knees. it had a black and white spotted belt at the waist and she'd pair it with her checkered converse.

y/b/f then did light makeup on y/n which suited her well. y/n decided to do her hair herself and it looked amazing.

it was five minutes to eight , the sun was barely shining and starting to set. y/b/f pushed her out the door and waved goodbye.

nervously, she headed towards his dorm and knocked on the door. luckily, brendon didn't awnswer, and it was ryan. he looked amazing. his. hair done, a button up shirt with a black bowtie, blue jeans.

"woah, y/n, you look amazing." ryan breathed out, smiling. she smiled up at him. "you too, thanks."

--

"i had a great time, let's do it again sometime." ryan said as he escorted y/n back to her dorm. she hummed in agreement, kissing his cheek before she entered her dorm and shut the door.