🎃 - trick or treat - pete wentz x reader

i wrote this after trick or treating for three hours i was tired yikes.

--

y/n was hanging up orange and black lights and propping up skeletons in her yard. she had about two hours before the trick or treaters showed up to demand candy. she always had the best decorations where she used to live, and, being the new girl in town, she wanted to prove how cool she was.

she waved at the neighbor who lived across the street, mr. stump. they only spoke to eachother thrice, usually merely exchanged smiles and waved when they saw eachother.

after plugging in the tons of lights, she gasped in awe. it looked good, and looked scary. out of the corner of her eye, she could see patrick smile as he opened his door.

"ah, y/n! the decorations look fantastic!" he exclaimed with a wide smile. she turned to him and smiled. "thank you, i worked hard!"

he exclaimed for her to wait right there, peeking his head into his house as if speaking to someone. turning to y/n, patrick gestured to his house.

"would you like to come over for some coffee and chat?" he offered, earning a nod as she rushed to cross the street. she walked up his driveway and followed him inside. the first thing she saw was a cute boy, her age, on the couch, sipping his drink.

"pete, this is y/n, my new neighbor."

he smiled shyly and waved at the beautiful girl. she sat down next to him, patrick skipped into the kitchen. he knew damn well what he was doing, setting pete up to be with y/n.

the two of them sat on the couch, talking about their shared love for halloween when patrick walked in with two hot cups of coffee. they both thanked him and pete tool a sip too fast and burnt his tongue.

"ah shit!" pete exclaimed, setting down the cup. y/n giggled and it was like the pain magically went away. it was basically numb, her laugh was just that wonderful.

--

"hey y/n, you should join us and go to the halloween party with our friends tonight." patrick suggested to break an awkward silence. y/n shrugged. "ohhh, i'm giving out candy tonight so i can't."

"could i do it with you?" pete suddenly cut in, then looking down shyly. patrick grinned, this was going better than he expected it to.

y/n and pete sat on the couch, grinning as the doorbell rang. pete ran over to the door and grabbed the candy bowl, smiling. he was so good with the kids, complimenting their costumes and making silly jokes. it was a fantastic night.