wedding plans - r. ross

being a young female wedding planner, y/n faced a lot of doubt from the customers. but doubt from people attending the wedding, the people who she wasn't even working for pissed her off. "i'm the wedding planner, and you're just the best man." she stated, looking up at the slightly taller male with grit teeth.

"i just want what's right for him, he's my best friend," he insisted, gesturing to the white decorations everywhere. "none of these decorations really suit brendon." y/n pressed a finger to his lips, smiling "that's very sweet of you to say, but sarah and brendon gave me an idea of what they wanted, i'm simply hiring people and setting things up for the couple."

ryan sent her an annoyed look, he had no further argument, and knew for a fact that she was correct. "plus- sarah is my best friend. brendon is in good hands, i promise." she smiled as she won the small argument, pressing two fingers to the earpiece her workers used to speak with her.

"y/n, what kind of cake topping did they want again?"

"you forgot? hon, you're new but you can't be so unprofessional." y/n spoke calmly. "i'm on my way, stay there." with that, she walked past ryan, her shoulder clashing against his on purpose. the sudden contact made him roll his eyes and rub his shoulder, as it hurt a little.

--

"that one." y/n said, watching her assistant cautiously place it on top of the cake. the wedding was in less that 24 hours. upon hearing her phone ring, she excused herself and answered.

"is everything alright sarah?" y/n asked, scratching the back of her neck. "yeah, we just miss you. are you sure you can't be here?" sarah asked through the phone. sighing, she shook her head.

"hon, you know i can't, i'm working on your wedding." y/n stated sadly, hanging up before sarah could reply. she frowned, sitting down and resting her face in her hands. ryan was back again today to annoy her some more, yet upon seeing her, he questioned it.

"you okay?" he asked in the softest voice he could muster. y/n looked up and shrugged, sighing. "what's it to you, ross?"

"ryan, not ross." he said uncomfortably

sending him an annoyed look, y/n grabbed her purse and her phone, holding them close. "can you leave, please?" she asked sassily. ryan did just that, adjusting his shirt and walking off. "thank god i'll never have to see her again." ryan mumbled while walking away

oh boy how wrong he was.