wedding plans pt. 2 - r. ross

y/n stumbled out of the room, sporting high heels and a black dress. being the maid of honor instead of one of the bridesmaids meant she was closest to sarah layoutwise. she may have pulled some strings so she had advantages such as that one.

ryan was brendon's closest friend, so he would of course be the best man. he adjusted his suit's tie and stepped into his place. his eyes met y/n's for a brief moment, before she broke it and stared at her feet. he furrowed his brows, why was she here? wasn't she the wedding planner?

it was time for the reception, y/n was by the cocktail bar, ryan following after her. he grabbed her shoulder  gently and turned her to face him. "y/n! what are you doing here?" he whisper yelled, adjusting his tie. "maid of honor. i told you i was sarah's best friend."

they were about to argue when brendon and sarah called everyone to the dinner and the dance floor. the newlyweds had a seprate table from the rest of the guests. sarah waved y/n over, brendon doing the same to ryan.

they ran over, oblivious to the fact that the other was about to be next to them. "so you guys-" sarah paused when y/n and ryan's shoulders colided accidentally. "you guys, my maid of honor and his best friend, have to be on a date tonight, because you two had the second most important roles at a wedding." y/n was about to object but brendon raised a hand to silent her, she crossed her arms over her chest.

"seriously? guys don't make me do this-"

"sorry ry, it's just for one night. who knows? maybe you'll enjoy it." brendon insisted, waving the two away.

"alright, ryan, you have the honor of being my date tonight, so lets get through this without any rivalry." y/n insisted, leading him towards her table that now had one extra empty chair for ryan.

"ooh, who's this, y/n?" one of the bridesmaids asked. she looked at him hesitantly. "my- my boyfriend?" he nodded, wrapping an arm around her. "yeah, her boyfriend."

they ate in silence, only speaking up to mention how good the food was. it was peaceful and enjoyable. until the music started to play. the dj announced that he was "calling all couples to the dance floor!"

ryan stood up and took her hand in his, leading her to the large dance floor. it was a slow song, and y/n had no idea how to slow dance. she nervously looked up at the slightly taller male and sent him a worried look. "eveything alright, y/n?"

adjusting her dress, y/n shook her head. "i can't slow dance." ryan couldn't help but chuckle. "you're telling me that the great y/n, who can do anything, can't slow dance?" he teased, quickly recieving a slap on the
shoulder.

"alright, fine, put your arms around my neck, i'll put my hands on your waist, and you can put your head on my chest. we'll walk slowly in a little box, like this." ryan instructed. y/n got the hang of it quickly.

brendon and sarah were slow dancing when they noticed how comfortable y/n looked with ryan. her eyes were shut, she was quiet, focusing on his heartbeat.

before the song even ended, ryan gently pushed y/n from his chest and smiled sweetly. she sent him a confused look seconds before ryan held her close and kissed her passionately.

the song ended and the kiss was still going on. they didn't break the kiss until they heard brendon and sarah clapping proudly.

hours later, you'll never guess you caught the bouqet.