🎃 - makeup help - ryan ross x reader

"hello!" the cashier exclaimed as a boy set his items on the small conveyer belt at the halloween store. he had a bunch of purple eyeshadow, some eyeliner, a suit with a white ruffle collar and a top hat.

he smiled shyly at her and started going through his wallet. "i'm y/n. is this your halloween costume? i like it." she told him, running it through the scanner.

"thank you very much. i'm ryan." he told her, smiling shyly. y/n punched some numbers into the cash register. "i'm not sure what i'm doing with the makeup though, i'm trying a new thing with it." her eyes lit up at his sentence.

"i'd love to help you out, i'm really good at makeup." she offered with a smile, then gesturing to his money.

"i'll tell you what, if you let me help, your total of $34.99 will be totally free."

he smiled and nodded. why would he ever pass up an oppertunity to hang out with a cute girl for free? she gave him his number and said she'd call him once she got off work

--

ryan was sitting on the counter in the bathroom, wincing as the cold liquid eyeliner made contact with his skin. y/n urged him not to move while she made a bunch of lines on his right eye. she had made a streak of purple over ryan's eyes and the bridge of his nose. she found herself constantly glancing at his slightly plump, light pink lips. they looked extremely kissable.

"don't move, i'm almost done." she whispered before stepping back to examine her work. it looked fantastic. he smiled at her before hopping off the counter and looking in the mirror, gasping in delight.

"it's amazing! thank you!" he leaned in close to look at it, his nose nearly touching the mirror. ryan then turned to her, gesturing to the black dress she was already wearing.

"you know, my friends and i are going to a halloween party tonight. if i do your makeup so it looks like mine, if you wanted, we could match. it doesn't have to be a date or anything."  ryan gazed at his shoes nervously, but he looked up when she began her reply.

"you know what? that sounds like a date, and i'm all for it." y/n told him, hopping up onto the counter like ryan had done before.

ryan made countless mistakes while doing her makeup. he needed tons of makeup wipes and said sorry constantly.

"don't apologize, just do your best."

--

when y/n and ryan linked arms and entered brendon urie's house, they were overwhelmed with loud music and a bunch of drunk people their age partying.  a group of boys approached them, all without a date.

"wow, nice to see one of us pulled through. how'd a lameo like you get with a hottie like her?" one of them asked, smirking. ryan gently punched him in the shoulder. "sorry- uh- he's usually like this. that's brendon."

the boys all took time to introduce themselves and y/n did the same. the five of them just talked a lot the whole night, eventually, everyone was drunk and the band was sitting in a circle with y/n and a few other partygoers, when brendon decided to start shouting.

"i dare y/n and ryan to have a heated makeout session!" he slurred, grinning. ryan looked at y/n apologetically, but she gently grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him close. though it wasnt a heated makeout session, it was a simple and plain kiss.