lonely pt. 3 - patrick stump x reader

y/n waited for hours for patrick to show up, tapping her foot on the damp grass. she was leaning against a tree, able to see her breath everytime she exhaled. it was the beginning of winter, what more could she expect? the soft footsteps behind her made her crack a small smile. she knew he'd show up.

and there he was, his hands in his pockets, but he slipped one out to tap her shoulder. y/n turned to face him, acting as if she didn't already know he was gonna show up.

"you know why i wanted you to come here?" she inquired, he nodded.

"you want me back?" patrick asked, sounding very unsure. she crossed her arms. she threw her head back and let out a sad laugh.

"only a bit. i have every reason to not want to," y/n started, making patrick look down at his shoes. "but, i have every reason to want to be with you."

"y/n, i-"

"i'm not finished," she interrupted, letting out a heavy breath. patrick could see her cold breath in the air when he was admiring her. "you left me without warning. you left me when i was already struggling with myself, when i was struggling with how i felt about myself. i spent years of my life with you, slowly awaiting a proposal and for what? so you can leave me for another girl because you're afraid of commitment?"

y/n barely raised her voice, tears welled in her eyes.

"do you really think i want to get hurt like that again?"

he took slow steps towards her with his arms out, y/n nodded at patrick and he engulfed her in the tightest hug possible. she didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around his neck.

"i'm sorry. everything is so different. what i did was so shitty and i'm so sorry." his voice was close to breaking. y/n buried her head in his shoulder.

"give me a chance, please, i promise i'll treat you better. i'd do anything to wake up next to you every day, to be with you, to start a family with you some day."

y/n felt the corner of her mouth curl into a tiny smile. she pulled away and faced him. patrick wiped her tears, smiling.

and then she leaned in, their lips connected, just like their first kiss.

everything felt right