Raise a Little Hell - Part 5

"This nightmare has to end"

----------------------------------------------

"I could totally beat you in fight," you said, your arms behind your back. You turned around to face your boyfriend, who was smirking.

"Oh really?" He asked, his arms behind his back as well. He circled you, looking around.

"I bet I could beat you easily," you teased. Varian pounced on you, pushing you over. You giggled profusely as he leant over you, pecking your neck.

"Got you," he joked, and you looked up at him. His smile was crooked, and his lips were curled. His eyes were large and playful, his eyebrows bent upwards. You leant up to him, matching with his lips for a moment, before pulling away. He laughed.

"Come here," he said, and pressed his lips into yours. You wrapped your arms around his neck and pushed into him, deepening the kiss. When...

"Hello?" A voice echoed from outside. You both froze and looked towards the door.

"Help," they said, and a thump suggested that they had fainted. You looked at Varian, your eyes determined, and he shook his head.

You nodded yours, and wriggled out from under him.

You pulled back the branch, to reveal a woman donned in a purple dress. Her brown hair was curt short around her neck, and her feet... were bare. Her foot was bent at an odd angle, and was swollen. You walked up to her, cautiously, aware of Varian standing at the doorway, observing. You pulled her head towards you, and gasped. It was Rapunzel.

You spun around to Varian, who's eyes were large.

"We can't just leave her here," you muttered to yourself, and pulled her arm around your shoulders. Her freckled cheeks were pale, and tinted green. You looked at Varian. He shook his head.

"I wasn't really asking for permission," you said, and he stepped back. You bit your tongue. Of course this was hard for him.

"Look, all I mean is that if she wakes up and starts shouting, she could attract guards," you quickly corrected, looking at Varian's face. His lips were pursed in a straight line, and you could tell he was deliberating. Leave it to an alchemist to look at all the variables.

"Fine," he grumbled after a while, "but just know that I'm doing this for us, not for her." You smiled at him as he took her other arm, not being as careful as you. You dragged her into the cave, careful not to damage her foot anymore. You laid her down against the wall, and Varian followed suit.

You backed up and looked at your boyfriend. His face was expressionless.

"I need some air," he announced, and promptly left the cave. You sighed and sat down next to Rapunzel.

"Don't be too hard on him, princess," you said to her unconscious body, her face still at your remark.

------------------------------------------------

A groan let you know that she was awake. You were poking the fire with a stick, your head in your arms. Varian had yet to return, and you had to say you were worried, but you couldn't leave the princess. Pascal had crawled off her shoulder, and was currently sat next to you on the log. You didn't mind, and neither did he apparently. It was weird to say the least, but then again, Pascal hadn't seen Varian.

"Ow ow ow ow," a voice complained, and you turned to see Rapunzel reaching down towards her ankle, now raised on some spare clothes.

"Don't touch it," you said, a little bitterly if you were honest, and put down the stick to the fire. She looked at you, her eyes wide, and retreated backwards a little bit.