Netflix and Kill - Part 2

You plugged the numbers into your phone, absent-mindedly throwing bread to the pigeons of the park, and held it up to your ear, listening to the trill of the ringing tone.

"Hello?" A voice answered, slightly muffled, and you let your breath out.

"Hello Varian, it's (Y/N) from the police office," you said, and waiting anxiously for his response.

"I wasn't expecting you to call back," he said quietly, and you laughed a little down the phone.

"I'm not very good at this," Varian admitted, and you rolled your eyes.

"That's okay," you assured, and bit your lip as you heard the inhale of breath.

"You know that house on the corner by Corona pastries? The one with the thatched roof? Come over at 7 for dinner.. that is if you want to," He said, and promptly hung up.

You smiled to yourself, kicking your legs out slightly, burying your face in your hands.

You had a date.

----------------------------------------------------

'I look stupid,' you thought to yourself as you fiddled with the collar of your shirt. What type of person turns up to a date in plaid (I do (Y/N), stop being so mean)? You knocked on the door, and stepped backwards, fiddling on the fabric's hem. You heard footsteps, and the door swung open to reveal Varian.

He was dressed in a simple white shirt which wasn't tight, nor baggy, and fitted around his slim figure perfectly. His hair was, as you guessed, in his face, but this time he was wearing a large pair of reading glasses. He wore ripped jeans and a leather bracelet with a small potion charm hanging off it.

"Hi," he said softly, and immediately your perception of him changed. He was no longer this badass rebel, but more like a... soft nerd.

"Hi," you answered back, smiling up at his face. He was a fair amount taller than you, and even though your boots had a slight heel, you couldn't match him.

He gestured to you, and laughed nervously, and the sound made your heart flutter slightly.

"You look great," he said, and your face lit up 90 shades of red.

"Thanks," you said timidly, which wasn't like you.

Wow.

You must really like this guy.

He stepped aside and you walked into his house, which was decorated with all things Halloween.

"Varian?" You said.

"Yeah?" He asked, closing the door behind him.

"It's June," you giggled, waving at the bats and pumpkins which filled the place.

"I know, we're so close to Halloween, I'm so excited" he enthused, and you snorted. He sure did look cute when he was like this.

"So, what's for dinner?" You asked, and jumped slightly when Varian rushed past you, clapping his hands.

"Well, M'lady, we have..." he drumrolled on the worksurface, before opening the microwave.

"Microwave meals!" He said, his voice faltering as he tried desperately to keep up morale.

"Can't cook, huh?" You asked, and Varian hung his head, imitating shame.

"It's one of my greatest weaknesses," he admitted, holding his hand to his heart as the other pulled the food out.