Curiosity Killed the Cat

Request for Villain Varian from PrincessJada240

Sorry I haven't been that active, I've had exams, and my finger is still healing. But, here's this little one shot to tire you guys over.

————————————————————————

"Well, well, well," he drawled, every word spoken digging into you like a dagger. He spun, the metal heel of his boots clacking on the floor as he spun his web, yourself lost in it.

He leant down to you, his face millimetres from yours, your noses barely apart. And yet all you felt was his animosity, his anger.

His piercing eyes searched yours, feeling barren in his iris. Cold, calculating, almost cruel.

"What do we have here?" he purred, bringing the back of his hand up to your cheek. You turned your head as much as you could, since you were bound tightly on the deck, privy to the eyes of everyone aboard.

You couldn't speak; you wouldn't speak. Even as he slowly pulled the cloth out of your mouth with the tip of his knife, your lips remained pursed and shut. Your eyes stung from the gale that blew over the sea, and watered from the sickness you felt from the heavy rocking of the ship, as the waves crashed over her body.

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know," the Captain smirked, finally dropping the wretched cloth from his weapon, leaving you red from anger; worry. He turned, back to you, the distinct sound of whispers heard vaguely over the spit of the ocean.

You tugged at the rope that tied your hands, but alas they were so tightly strung it led nowhere.

All you had wanted was to know. To see for yourself the dreaded alchemist of Corona, the very man feared far and wide. You had never thought, never dreamt that you would be captured like this.

You were so lost in your thoughts, you hardly even noticed when he - Varian - turned back to you.

He walked over, slow and dramatic, and knelt down in front of you once more.

"Curiosity killed the cat, yes... but satisfaction brought it back," he chuckled, leaning closer to you.

"What is your name?" He whispered, his breath on your ear, and his voice uncharacteristically level.

You trembled, your lips unable to form the word. Varian brought his ear to your mouth, close, but again not touching, allowing for you to pronounce yourself.

And you did.

Varian spun suddenly, arms wide and his persona undertaken once more.

"This," he announced, clapping a hand on your shivering shoulder, "is (Y/N). She's going to be joining us for a while."

There was a pause of silence amongst the pirates, maybe from astonishment, or perhaps from brainlessness. Some of them did look rather gormless, you had to say.

And then whooping. And applause. And whistles.

Happiness.

Varian eyed you from the side, but it wasn't malicious. No, his eyes regained what you suspected was a former inquisitiveness. Who knows?

Maybe curiosity wouldn't always kill the cat.

————— 2 years later —————

"Captain!" Someone shouted, their gruff voice echoing through Varian's bedchambers. You heard him groan at his desk, flopping onto the wooden surface, bangs pooling around his head.