What a Magical World

(H/H/C) - Hogwarts House Colour

(H/H) - Hogwarts House

-----------------------------------------------------

If someone were to tell you a couple of months ago that you would be a Triwizard Champion, you would have laughed in their face and gone on your merry way.

But here you were, and it was reality.

The best part?

You didn't even sign up! You were just sat there, gorging yourself with pudding, when your name flew out of the ancient flames of the Cup.

Oh, what a great year this would be.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Look, (Y/N), you're a champion, so what? I know hundreds of guys and girls alike that would kill to take your place," your best friend Safi urged to your pitiful form, which was curled up on your four-poster bed.

"Mmmm," You articulated, and brought your knees closer to your chest. Safi sighed, and plopped herself on the bed, her back to yours. She fiddled with your tie, stroking the streaks of (H/H/C) that curled around it.

You turned around to her, sitting up in bed. Your hair was stuck up in multiple directions, and your their were faint bags under your eyes.

"I'm three years younger than the other contestants, you would think they'd give me some sort of help, wouldn't you?" You complained, your hands moving as your passion skyrocketed. You opened your mouth to go off on a rant, but Safi held her hand in front of your face.

"Say no more," she said vaguely, and you raised your eyebrows in response.

"I heard someone saying that you would have to fight something in the first task," Safi added, and your eyes went large.

"What?" You yelped, and she laughed at you.

"Calm yourself, (Y/N), I know just the person you can go to for help!" Safi chirped, her eyes closed in silent victory. You groaned.

"I swear if you say Varian, I'm gonna scream," you mumbled to yourself. Safi clicked her fingers.

"Right you are, my fair lady," she trilled, grabbing your arm.

Safi had an obsession with you and him, and honestly, it was kind of worrying. You didn't even know Varian that well, but you partnered up with him once on a potions assignment. Ever since then Safi had decided you were fated to be together.

"Again, Safi?" You sighed, "besides, Varian's strong point is potions, so I don't kno-"

"Yeah, but he's no slack at charms either, and he's pretty easy on the eyes too, if I do say so myself," Safi giggled, and you rolled your eyes.

"If I go will you stop?" You pleaded. Safi's eyes widened and mischief sparkled in her irises. She engulfed you in a hug, then pulled you away forcefully, her hands on your shoulders. She wrinkled her nose as she glanced you up and down.

"Brush your hair, get changed, meet me outside the potions lab in half an hour," Safi ordered, before bounding off your bed and leaving you to your bewilderment.

You sighed.

This was going to be a long day.

-----------------------------------------------

You kicked your boots against the wall, and checked your watch, the gears ticking quietly behind the screen. You were outside the potions lab, and Safi had yet to arrive. 'If she isn't here in five minutes, I'm leaving' you told yourself, and stared back down at your watch.