sorry

★

You let out a deep sigh as you collect the dishes you set out for dinner.

He didn't show up, once again.

You place the leftover food into a container before putting it into the fridge for later.

It's 8:30 right now, you've had dinner ready for a half an hour.

This has been happening a lot recently.
Noah's been staying out late. But by now you probably should've expected that it would happen again.

You don't want to assume that he's cheating, but you're not really sure why else he would be staying out until two in the morning.

When you're finally done washing the dishes and cleaning the table, you head back into the living room to wait for him.

Five Hours Later

You jump as the front door slams shut.
He's finally home.

You look at the clock next to the TV.
1:03 am.

Hm, he's home earlier then usual.

You stand up from the couch and make your way towards the front door. When you spot Noah kicking his shoes off, a small smile appears on your face.

No matter how hard things get, seeing him always makes you smile.

"Hey Noah."

He sighs and pulls his keys and wallet out from his pocket before walking towards you. Your heart beat quickens, thinking he's going to hug you, but when he doesn't even look at you, you frown and watch as he walks around you.

You're in shock but after a few seconds you follow after him. "I-I made chicken parmesan, your favorite." You say quietly.

He enters the kitchen and walks over to the fridge. He pulls out the plate you made for him and heads over to the microwave.

He still doesn't speak to you as he waits for his food to heat up. Instead, he goes on his phone.

Your heart breaks a little.
He's never ignored you like this.

"I-I'll be in the living room." You whisper, turning and walking out of the room.

You hope that he'll stop you, but of course he doesn't.

You take a seat on the couch and rub your eyes tiredly.

About ten minutes later, Noah enters the living room. You perk up a little and send him a smile.

Maybe he was just hungry and that's why he was ignoring you.

"So how was your day?" You ask as he sits on the couch.