rumors

★

You push your apartment door open and storm inside, holding the magazine in your hand tightly.

You walk into the living room where your boyfriend should be and spot him sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone.

Noah looks up at the sound of your footsteps and smiles. "Hey-"

"What is this?" You toss the magazine onto his lap.

His smile disappears and he stands from the couch as he reads the cover.

There are pictures of him with another girl.
Usually you wouldn't believe the things you see on magazine covers and online articles, but that picture looks exactly like Noah. You know it's not fake because you can clearly see his face in all of them, even the one of them kissing.

Noah sighs and looks down at you. "Love-"

You interrupt him. "Don't 'love' me! Explain this."

He runs his fingers through his hair, now looking stressed. "Y/N, sweetheart, this is fake." He takes a step closer. "I thought you knew not to listen to things like this?"

You scowl and step away from him. "Noah that looks exactly like you! I can see your face in every single photo, and you still expect me to believe that this is just some rumor?!"

He tries to grab onto your arms but you move out of his reach, making him clench his jaw. "Baby listen, I would never cheat on you. We've talked about this before."

You glare up at him. "How am I supposed to believe you when these," You snatch the magazine out of his hand and hold it up. "Are going around? The whole world probably knows about this by now!"

Tears threaten to fall, and after a few seconds of silence they finally do. Noah's eyes soften when he sees them rolling down your cheeks. He, once again, reaches out towards you but this time you don't back away.

Deep down you know that these are fake.

The reporter must be really good at photoshopping.

But the thought of him finding someone better is always in the back of your mind.

You saw the photos of him this morning at the store and immediately thought the worst.

Noah wraps one of his arms around your waist and the other holds your head against his chest, where you can feel his quick heartbeat. "You have my whole heart Y/N. No one else could take it from you even if they tried. And I would never do anything to jeopardize our relationship." He kisses the top of your head. "Please remember that baby."

Your tears slowly stop falling after hearing his words and you nuzzle your face into his chest, making him tighten his grip around you. "I'm sorry." You mumble.

"Don't be, sometimes the rumors get to you, I understand that." He says quietly.

After a few more seconds you pull away and stand on your toes before connecting your lips to his. He reacts right away and grabs onto your waist.

Noah pulls away for a split second to whisper,
"I love you."

You smile against his lips and do the same.
"I love you too."