bonfire

★

"Hey baby you almost ready?" Noah, your boyfriend of six months, steps into your room just as you finish changing. He looks you up and down with a grin, making you blush. "Damn, look at you."

"Stop it." You whine, hating how nervous you get whenever he compliments you.

He chuckles and walks closer until he's able to wrap his arms around your waist. "Why would I do that?"

You narrow your eyes on him. "You know why."

"I'm your boyfriend, I can compliment you whenever I want." He pecks your lips. "You're also super fucking adorable when you're nervous."

Noah's words make your nerves increase.
"I hate you." You mumble, cuddling into his chest to hide your red face.

"You and I both know that's not true." You can practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Come on, we're already gonna be late."

The both of you head out to his Jeep, after saying bye to your parents, and he drives to the beach.

Your whole school has this huge bonfire at the end of the year. It's a tradition. None of the teachers are involved though, it's planned by the students.

"Stay close." Noah reminds you as he slings his arm around your shoulders once you reach the beach. You nod before letting him lead you towards the huge fire with lots of people already standing near it, messing around and drinking.

The music gets louder and louder as you get closer, making your excitement grow. You've been looking forward to this since the beginning of the year.

"Want anything to drink?" Noah questions, leaning down next to your ear so you can hear him better.

You nod. "Yes please."

"Stay right here, i'll be back in a second." You nod to his words and he kisses your forehead before turning and walking to where the drinks must be, already knowing what you'll want.

You turn around to try and find someone familiar. Suddenly someone wraps their arm around your waist. You jump and your eyes widen.

"Actually I changed my mind, come with me." Noah says, eyeing the people around you.

You giggle and shake your head. "Noah, i'll be fine for two seconds while you grab a drink."

He pouts. "Please? I need to know that you're safe, and with me you will be."

You sigh and give in. "Okay, let's go."
He grins and you follow him to the coolers.