Chapter 3

Flashback

I step out of the taxi, grabbing my suitcase. I pay the drive, thanking him before shutting the door. I'm surprising Ezra with a visit. I have a week off of school, but I didn't tell him, so he would be surprised.

I make my way up his apartment stairs, and I knock on the door. Ezra answers the door, and his face lights up when he sees me.

"Jo? I was expecting the pizza guy. What are you doing here?" he asks, pulling me in for a hug. 

"I wanted to surprise you," I smile. 

He gives me a tender kiss, and I groan a little, not realizing how much I've missed his lips. He deepens the kiss, and I wrap my legs around him. He shuts the door behind us, and he carries me to the bedroom. He lays me gently on the bed, removing his shirt. I look at his abs with lust in my eyes. Pretty soon we're both only in our underwear. 

"I want you," I say, running my hands through his hair. 

"I want you too," he grins, kissing me more. 

"Do we really have to hear this?" Luke groans, bringing me back to reality.

"Sorry, I got a little sidetracked," I blush. 

"This doesn't sound like a bad story," Chase says. 

"Well, if someone would let me finish," I scowl at Luke. 

"Did you guys fight while you were there?" Paige asks. 

"The opposite actually. We had a lot of fun, in bed and out of bed," I say, giggling a little. 

"So, what happened?" Luke says, getting annoyed with me. 

Flashback 

"I can't believe it's already been two months since I've seen you. I miss you," I frown, talking to Ezra on the phone. 

"I miss you too. I'm trying to plan out a weekend to come visit soon. I miss Chloe and Leon, too."

"I need to get going. I hope you have a great day at school," I say. 

"Have a great day at school, baby. Tell Chloe and Leon I miss them," Ezra says.

"I will. I love you," I smile.

"I love you too."

I hang up the phone, and I get Leon and Chloe loaded in the car. I drop them off at daycare before heading to school. 

By the end of the day, I'm feeling horrible. I'm think I'm running a small fever, my body aches, my head hurts, and I've felt nauseous all day. I've taken Advil and Tums, but nothing seems to help. 

I pull out my phone and dial Ricky's number.

"Hey Jo."

"Hey Ricky. Can you pick up the kids from daycare?" I ask.

"Yeah, are you alright?"  Ricky asks, concern in his voice. 

"I'm not feeling well. Is there any way you could keep the kids tonight? I'm going to rest, and if I don't feel better by the morning, I'll go to the doctor," I frown, getting into my car. 

"Just keep me updated. Get plenty of rest.  I hope you start to feel better," Ricky says.

__

I didn't feel any better. In fact, the next day I was worse. I called Jesse, and he rushed right over to take me to the doctor. 

"How long has this been going on? You look practically pale," Jesse says, helping me in his truck.