Chapter 27

I slowly open my eyes. White walls surround me, and I blink a few times to make sure I'm not still dreaming. I slowly lift my arm, and I see the IV inserted. 

"Hey, Jo," Andy's soothing voice says. 

"What happened?" I ask. 

"You had some hypotension. In other words, your blood pressure was low, and you fainted. Ricky told me what was going on, so I can assume it was stress-related. We've got you hooked up to fluids, and you should be fine to go home soon."

I place a hand on my stomach.

"Did I hurt the baby?" I ask. I feel my eyes starting to water. 

Andy grabs my hand. "Your baby is fine," Andy smiles. "Great actually."

I breathe a sigh of relief.  "Thank you for taking care of me," I smile. 

Andy squeezes my hand. "I've gotten lots of calls from everyone checking in. They've been wanting to come, but I told them I wasn't sure if you wanted any visitors."

"Can you get me some water?" I ask. 

Andy nods his head, stepping out of the room. I check my phone, noticing the multiple messages from Paige, Luke, Chase, Jesse, and Ricky. I spot a single text from Ezra, and my finger moves immediately to open it.

Ezra: I hope you're ok. Let me know when you get released. We need to talk.

My heart rate increases a little. What does he want to talk about? Does he know anything? What did Lucy tell him?

I have no time to answer my questions as Andy steps back into the room. He hands me the plastic cup, and I gulp the water down, the coldness feeling nice on my dry throat. I take a deep breath.

"Jesse's not here?" I ask. 

"He was going to drop by, but I offered to bring you home. My shift is almost over." 

I sip the water slowly. "What would I do without you?"

-----

As I make my way inside, Andy sets my bag down next to the door.

"Thanks for bringing me home."

Jesse approaches from the kitchen, and he wraps his arms around me. I lay my head into his chest, and I let out a deep breath.

"I'm so glad you and the baby are alright," Jesse says. He lets go of me. "Is there anything I can get you?" 

I shake my head. "No, I think I'm alright for now."

"Do you want me to stay?" Andy asks.

"No, you should go. I'm sure Paige is wanting to see you," I grin. I take a seat on the couch, and I pick up the remote.

"Make sure she gets plenty of rest," Andy tells Jesse. Andy kisses the top of my head. "I'll be back to check on you."

"Thanks for everything," Jesse says, walking Andy to the door. 

"No problem."

As Andy opens the door, Ezra is revealed on the front porch. Andy gives him a small nod, and he continues on his way.

"Hey, Ezra," Jesse says. 

I snap my head in their direction. 

"Can I come in?" Ezra asks.

Jesse steps aside, and Ezra rushes passes him. 

"Are you alright?" Ezra asks, sitting down beside me.