Chapter 12

"What's going on?" Andy asks, coming into the room. 

I look around at the white walls. I hate going to the doctor. 

"My stomach. I've been very nauseous lately. I've also had some lower back pain," I say.

Andy puts his hand on my stomach, and I jump a little.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he chuckles.

"Sorry," I say, laughing a little. 

"When did this start?" Andy asks.

"A week and a half ago maybe?" I say, not exactly sure. 

"Have you been vomiting?" he asks.

"A few times," I sigh. 

"We're going to take some blood, and we'll make sure everything is normal."

"Thanks Andy," I smile. 

My phone rings, and I pull it out.

"Hey Paige," I say. 

"Find out anything yet?" she asks.

"Andy just got done in here. He said they're going to take some blood, and I guess we'll go from there."

"I'm sure it's nothing major," Paige says.

"I hope not," I say. 

"Anyways, I've got an interview with one of the real estate offices down there in a few days. If I do well in the interview, they want to do a week trial to see if I work well and fit in," Paige says, and she sounds excited.

"Congratulations!" I grin. 

"Is the offer to stay with you still open?" Paige asks.

"Of course. You know that," I say, excited that Paige will be staying for a minute.

"Thanks Jo," Paige says. 

The nurse opens the door, and I tell Paige I have to go. I hang my phone up, and I see the needle and tubes. I cringe a little.

"Hi Miss. Manders. We're just here to take your blood," the nurse informs me. 

"I know," I sigh. 

The nurse washes her hands at the sink, and she puts gloves on. She takes my arm, looking for the right spot to put the needle. She ties the tourniquet, and she finds a vein. 

"You're going to feel a little prick," she says. 

I look away, and she inserts the needle into my arm. I jump a little, but I quickly recompose myself.

"I hate needles," I say.

"Most patients do. I've had to fight people to take blood plenty of times. At least you're not that bad," she smiles at me.

I laugh a little, but feel queasy when I see the tube feeling with my blood. 

The nurse finally finishes, and she removes the needle from my arm. She wipes my arm with an alcohol wipe, and she places a band-aid over the needle prick. She removes the tourniquet, and my arm feels a lot better.

"Thank you," I smile. 

"No problem honey," she smiles. 

She disposes of her gloves, and she washes her hands again. 

"I'll get these to the doctor," she smiles. 

I smile at her as she walks out the door. Andy pops in a few minutes later. 

"I'm going to let you get out of here. I'll call you once I get any results. I'm going to run a few different tests, so it may take a few days to get all of the results," Andy says.