Chapter 16

"You're pregnant?" I ask, my knees shaking.

"It's not Ezra's baby you idiot," she says, and I let out a deep breath.

"Then what's the issue?" I ask.

"Ezra's going to think it's his baby," she grins.

"I don't understand the motive behind this," I say, rubbing my head.

"You stole Ricky away from my sister. So now, I'm stealing your man from you."

I scrunch my eyebrows, but then it hits me.

Lucy is Fiona's sister.

"Fiona is your sister?" I ask, shocked.

"I can't believe no one has figured it out yet," Lucy laughs, her evil grin apparent.

"What does this have to do with me? I'm not even with Ricky anymore!"

"You stole Ricky from Fiona. They could've been one big happy family. As a token to my sister, I'm going to take what's yours."

My chin starts to quiver.

"Ricky and I aren't even together anymore!"

"Doesn't matter. Because of you, he wouldn't be with Fiona."

"Get out of my house," I say, pointing at the door.

"I forgot to add. On top of everything else, I have information that could put Ezra in jail. Better think through this long and hard," Lucy smirks.

"How do you know all this stuff?" I ask.

"I've had someone watching you for a long time now. I know you hooked up with Ezra. He doesn't know that I know, but I do," she grins.

"Get out, bitch," I say, mocking her insult. 

"I'd love to have a little fun messing with Wendy too if you tell," Lucy laughs.

She'd even go after Wendy?

"I'm not going to tell him," I say, my teeth gritted.

"I know that Andy knows about your pregnancy. The same goes for him. If he tells, I'll unravel all the secrets."

"And when I get bigger?" I ask, thinking ahead.

"You know how to lie. I don't care who you say the father is, as long as it's not Ezra."

Lucy laughs again, and I want to slap her across the face.

"I'll see you later," Lucy smirks. 

She opens the door, and I see the pizza guy standing on the porch. Lucy brushes past him, and she looks back over her shoulder, sending an evil grin my way. I pay the pizza man, and I set the pizza down on the counter.

"Dinner's here!" I yell to the kids, my voice shaky. 

Chloe and Leon come running out of their room. I fix them both plates, and I then make myself one. 

"Can we eat in the living room tonight?" Chloe asks.

"Of course sweetheart. What movie do we all want to watch?" I ask them. 

"Can we watch Shrek?" Leon asks. 

I see Chloe's eyes light up as well.

"Of course," I grin. 

I use the remote to get on Netflix, and I turn on the movie. I slowly eat my pizza, and I stare at Chloe and Leon. Soon they'll have a sibling. 

A sibling who may not even know their real father.

My eyes start to water, and I grab a tissue from the box on the coffee table.