Chapter 14

"I'm going to put the goo on. You've had twins, so you know how this works," Andy chuckles.

He places the blue goo on my stomach. He then uses the ultrasound wand to spread the goo, and he looks around my stomach.

"There's your little peanut," Andy smiles.

I look at my baby, and I tear up.

"So perfect," I grin.

"Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?" Andy asks.

"I'm honestly not too sure."

Andy places the wand at a certain part of my stomach, and we hear the baby's heartbeat. I can't hold back, and the tears immediately fall. 

"Oh, my baby," I smile. 

"Everything is looking quite healthy. I would say that based on this ultrasound and your blood work that you are about six weeks along," Andy grins.

"Did you study fetal medicine? What can't you do?" I laugh. 

"Fetal medicine was my subspecialty," Andy chuckles.

"Would you be my doctor throughout then?" I ask.

"I would love to. I'm just not sure Ezra would like that once he finds out," Andy smiles.

I laugh, and Andy wipes the goo off my stomach. I'm halfway through my first trimester, and I'm determined to make it through it. 

-----

"You're coming down today?" I ask Paige, as I'm driving home from work. 

"My interviews tomorrow. Is it still alright?" Paige asks.

"Yeah of course. I'm sorry, I just forgot," I say. 

"Everything been alright lately? You've seemed a little off," Paige comments.

"Yeah. I think I'm just getting over this sickness," I lie.

"Did you ever find out what was wrong?" Paige asks. 

"Andy said I just had a severe stomach virus," I lie again.

I hate lying to Paige, but I want to give it some time before I tell everyone about the baby. 

"But you're feeling better, right?" Paige asks.

"I'm getting there," I say. 

I pull into my driveway. 

"Will Chloe and Leon be there tonight?" Paige asks.

"They come tomorrow," I smile.

I pull into my driveway. 

"Let's go out to dinner tonight, as a celebration," Paige says.

"As you wish," I grin.

-----

After Paige arrives, I help her unload her things into the guest bedroom. She didn't bring too much, just in case the interview doesn't work out.

We quickly get ready, and we soon arrive at Olive Garden, where we're met by Andy. 

"Hi," Paige grins, and he engulfs her in his arms. 

"Hi to you," he grins. 

Andy gives me a small hug, and we're seated at a booth in the back. 

"Are you nervous for your interview?" Andy asks Paige as we're flipping through our menus. 

"Not really. If it doesn't work out, I can always look for something else. My job back home is pretty solid, so I don't have anything to worry about yet," she says.