TEXT MESSAGE(6)

TEXT MESSAGE (6) ;
goodnight to you too.

NAMJOON was lying on his back, staring up at the ceiling

NAMJOON was lying on his back, staring up at the ceiling. there was something nagging at his head and he couldn't quite get it out. he tossed and turned on his back before getting up, wiping his hands down his face, an exasperated sigh escaping his lips.

he slowly stepped out of bed, grabbing onto the nightstand before standing up. he pulled one compartment open, pulling out a pair of pants. he sat back onto his bed with a huff. his legs ached as he moved them a little. although he was getting better. so much better now.

namjoon subconsciously trailed his fingers down his scarred face, eyes casted downwards. he quickly pulled on the blue pair of pants before getting up once more. he reached out for his crutches and made his way outside.

namjoon breathed out, walking calmly around the park. he looked up at the sky, feeling the breeze flow through his hair- so refreshingly.

he sat down on a bench, resting his crutches next to him. he pulled out a rattled up journal from his oversized sweater pocket, using a small worn pencil. scribbling a couple things down.

he felt his phone buzz as he put down his pencil between his journal. he closed it before reaching for his phone, opening it up to see two messages.

██████████████████████

jiminie: hey u awake?
i can't seem to sleep and i just want someone to talk to.

joon: Yeah, I'm awake
I can't seem to sleep either
what's on your mind?

jiminie: not much.
it's just one of those nights.

joon: Have you tried listening to music?

jiminie: yes but i don't want to sleep. i just want to talk to you.

joon: Well what do
you want to talk about?

jiminie: i want to learn more about you. :)

joon: There isn't much
to know about...

jiminie: oh come on, don't be like that.

██████████████████████

namjoon chuckled softly after reading jimin's message. he thought for a long second, trying to figure out what should he say- but after a long time of being so reserved it was rather hard to open up without a little push.

██████████████████████

joon: Hmm, did I ever tell you about my love for crabs?

jiminie: only once :)

joon: When I was a child, I've wanted to become a marine biologist. Just to study sea creatures.

jiminie: are you a marine biologist?

joon: No... surprisingly i guess. I think if I had taken a different path, I could have. Although I am happy at where I am at.

jiminie: where are you at now?

joon: not sure. :^)

jiminie: what do you mean by that?

joon: I am just trying to figure things out again.

jiminie: well eventually you'll find out again. i'm sure of it.

joon: Thank you. Well it's really late, I have to go now.

██████████████████████

namjoon touched his face gently, biting down on his lip gently. he wasn't sure what to do anymore, truly wasn't. his mind blank and sad for the most part, unable to continue. he got up with a grunt, looking back up into the sky. the sky dark yet vibrant blue, with twinkling stars. all so bright and beautiful.

he smiled a bit, but he'll figure it out somehow.