MOVING BOXES

MOVING BOXES;
i have to settle things down

SUMMER IS about to end and namjoon could see it in the leaves of the trees

SUMMER IS about to end and namjoon could see it in the leaves of the trees. how time takes away the green, bringing hints of lemon yellow and ruby red. after that night under the street lights where he and jimin kissed, they continued to talk. they became closer but namjoon couldn't date jimin. not yet at least, not until he moves the boxes of his past out his life for good.

not until he finally put the biggest obstacle of his life aside.

that's why he's here in this cafe.

waiting for seokjin... seokjin the brother of his ex boyfriend. seokjin who still blames him and can't get over the fact that his brother was probably the worse thing to ever happen to namjoon and still get him in his nightmares after his death.

that seokjin.

the one who decided to give him a different number after angrily ending their conversation.

namjoon took a sip of his latte, his fingers drumming against the table in both boredom and nervousness. his dark eyes glancing over the people who got their coffee and left, each person different from the other. he sighed, the other cup of coffee stood there, getting cold.

one more person walked through the door as the bell jingled, he was tall with wide shoulders and eye catching ( or pretty, a word namjoon will never use when describing seokjin ) lips.

he turned around and waved curtly at namjoon before walking towards him. he sat down across him, checking the watch on his wrist.

"i'm surprised you were able to find me again."

"i'm persistent."

"why, why are you doing this. i can never forgive you for what you've done." seokjin muttered. his shoulders fell a bit as he pushed his thin rimmed glasses up his face, turning to namjoon.

"i don't care if you forgive me or not at this point, i get that he was your brother. he was your only family left... he done a lot for you- and please believe me that i wished things turned out differently. i was in that crash too." namjoon explained, his heart beating quickly and his palms sticky. he was nervous. "i just want you to look and believe at my side of the story."

"then why? why did you think it was such a good idea- "

"i told you. i was tired. i was so tired of the things he done to me and the way he made me feel. i realized that i didn't need that... even though i still loved him." namjoon started out, looking down at his half empty cup of coffee. "yeah it was a bad idea, i will always regret that. although i will not regret telling him how i truly felt."

"daehwi would never do anything though! i grew up with him, i know him the best! he was my brother..."

"exactly. he was your brother, he'll never show you what he shown me. i... i been through a lot and it... it makes me feel terrible that you think that all that i am feeling is nothing but a lie. i could never make this all up."

seokjin placed his hand on the table, fiddling with the napkin under his cup. he felt a part of him believe namjoon, yet all those long months (two years almost) of trying to get over the death of his brother hung to him like wet clothes hang of a person. heavy and uncomfortable. 'daehwi, you sick fuck... i hate you. always so perfect, why couldn't you stay that way? maybe you'll still be alive then... i miss you but i hate you. you were all i had, just how you wanted, then you left.'

there was a silence in the air. seokjin stared at namjoon, the man had so much sincerity in his eyes and seokjin regretted not seeing that sooner. seokjin regretted not letting go sooner but when a person like daehwi in your life, it's kind of hard rewiring yourself.

'daehwi... i'm done protecting you. goodbye.'

note; hope this clears stuff up. school started last week and im already stressed out. ._.