EIGHTH CALL

EIGHTH CALL;
summer thinking on spring endings

SPRING is known to be a fleeting season, it leaves as soon as it arrives- or at least that's how it seems to jimin

SPRING is known to be a fleeting season, it leaves as soon as it arrives- or at least that's how it seems to jimin. it's been nearly three months since he began talking to namjoon, the time seemed to have moved on so much quicker now. namjoon's company filling in spaces of jimin's time. as june was quickly turning into july, the summer sun was much more aggressive in the sky. the thin white shirt doing nothing to protect him from the unbearably hot rays of the sun.

jimin held his hand over his eyes, shielding them from the bright hell that was the sun. he was glad he put on some sunblock before leaving this morning to work, or then his skin would be punishing him for it later. sunburns are painful so he did not want to go over that pain again.

jimin paused for a second when he felt a sharp pain travel up his leg, he doubled over holding his knee with one hand. the pain has been getting worse as he has been more active and careless, much to his doctor's displeasure. it didn't matter, he was gonna walk to that cafe and get his food. jimin slowly got up, rubbing his hand down his knee and then up his thigh.

"jesus. i'm gonna get a robot leg if this keeps going on." he joked to himself.

he didn't mind it anymore, he didn't mind the fact that he can't push himself beyond and above, create art with his body. it didn't bother him. he'll find his purpose somewhere else. that's what kept jimin going.

jimin kept walking with a little bounce in his step, opening the door to the cafe with a smile on his face. he sighed out in relief as a cool breeze washed over him like a much needed sip of water. he wiped his face with the back of his hand, walking in as he let the door close behind him with a soft click. the place wasn't as full as it usually got during lunch hour, which was strange but nevertheless welcomed. the line only consisted of three people, a tall man in a pressed business suit, a short woman in scrubs, and a fresh faced young man. jimin stood behind said young man, arms swinging behind him mindlessly as he let himself space off.

the cafe hasn't changed in the past four years, the same cream colour of the walls, white popcorn ceiling, and polished wooden floors. the art on the walls, paintings that blend it, others that pop out.

jimin let his eyes fall to the person sitting under a particular painting. jimin couldn't identify this person very well, since they had a bucket hat pulled low and head facing the wall. still, he stared at this person for a little more ( something about this person really did tug at his attention), watching as his elegant ( an adjective that made jimin rather flustered to use ) fingers tapping at the cup they had in hand.

"sir? are you ready to order?"

"h-huh? what?" jimin was violently pulled out of his train of thought, turning away from the person. 'why are you staring?' he silently shamed himself.