UNTITLED

sorry for this terrible chapter,
sksks i have been
working on other stuff.

i hope it's still good!

not edited

UNTITLED
pink like the clouds that scar a sunset sky

NAMJOON grumbled, swirling his straw around the glass full of pink lemonade

NAMJOON grumbled, swirling his straw around the glass full of pink lemonade. his long legs stretching out as far as he could. yoongi stood there with his hands on his hips, already dressed in a semi formal outfit. which consisted of denim jeans, rolled up neatly to his ankles and a light blue shirt with a clean white collar. namjoon on the other hand was in his joggers and thin brown sweater. the clothes he was going to wear at the party were left on the bed.

"i'm still not going..." 

"come on, please namjoon. it wouldn't be so bad. all of hoseok's friends are nice. i met all of them... except one- but i'm sure he's nice too. please." yoongi pleaded, not wanting to leave his friend alone in the apartment as he usually did.

"last time i went, i was stuck with just you two and jeongguk. which is not to say jeongguk isn't bad company- maybe a little too excitable but that's fine. it's just you two. bleh! i don't want to third wheel with jeongguk! you get so clingy- then hoseok gets all... hoseok. it's strange!”he followed with a small laugh, watching yoongi blush and frown a little.

“also i don't... i don't know if i can handle more people right now." namjoon pursed his lips, eyebrows furrowing slightly as he was taking a sip out of his pink lemonade. 

"... well if you can't then... then that's perfectly fine... i just... i just don't want you to be so reliant on just texts and phone calls, you need human contact." 

"i know dad." 

yoongi sighed, his shoulders sagging a bit. he wasn't sure if he should keep pressing on or just let it go. he looked at the clock, he should have already been there by now.

“alright, i'm heading out now. call me if you need anything.”

the door was gently closed shut and silence followed suit. it was the too silent kind of silence, the one that was empty and hollow. namjoon set his glass down on the table top, picking up his pen. all he has been doing is writing. yet none of it was usable... at least not yet.

he paused, looking at the clock. maybe he needed a break from it... pushing himself too hard would probably break all the motivation he had tried so hard to bring out himself. anyway what good would it do if he locked himself up inside. inspiration comes from the most unlikely of places of course.

maybe it wouldn't hurt to go...

namjoon checked outside and yoongi was already gone. that's fine namjoon could call an uber. he finished the last of his lemonade, licking his lips as he set the glass down.  he got up, rubbing his still weak left leg. he can walk much better now, not like how he used to of course but better than not walking at all.

he reached for his cane, grabbing the glass and got up with a small grunt. he set the glass in the sink before making his way to his small dark bedroom. the drapes were drawn closed, making it much darker than usual. he flicked the light switch on, the light swallowing up the darkness quickly, making namjoon's eyes flinch.

he looked at the clothes on his bed, picking them up as he took a quick look at them.

“hopefully this isn't overdressing.”

he took off his sweater, a breeze of cold air hitting his skin. his hands traveling up to cover his chest. he shivered a little, putting a reminder in his head to not turn down the temperature so low. he pulled the cream coloured turtleneck over his head, pulling down his joggers and then putting on black jeans. he tucked his shirt in neatly, grabbing a belt to tie his outfit together.

he looked down at his body, smoothing his hands down. he smiled shyly, “i don't... don't look too bad.”

he made his way to the bathroom, his hair was quite long- at least longer than what he would usually keep it. strands reaching past his eyes. he grabbed the comb, going over his hair with it to get out any knots and to smooth it out. he parted it in the middle, brushing his fringe away from his face to let his forehead show.

he placed the comb down, looking at the mirror. he felt... he felt quite nice but the scar on his face bothered him.

he frowned a bit, trying to use his hair to cover it but it wasn't long enough for that of course. he sighed, rubbing the scar between his fingers.

‘it's just yoongi's friends... nothing would happen.’ he thought to himself, standing up straight.

namjoon put on his shoes after getting an uber. he locked the door behind him, putting his keys in his pocket. he made his way to the elevator, pressing the button with his cane, something he found quite amusing every time he done it 

namjoon's heart was racing when he was in the car. watching the buildings as he sped by, the lights becoming streaks of bright neon colours.

meeting new people... he wasn't never this nervous but he was this time...

it could be for the lack of socializing..

yeah it's probably for the lack of socializing.

he could hear unfamiliar laughs and very familiar giggles when he approached the door. he laughed softly to himself, shaking his head- this could be his mind's way of trying to calm him or give him a stroke right on the spot. he knocked on the door gently, waiting for it to open.

“oh, hey namjoon! i thought you weren't coming.” hoseok flung himself at namjoon, hugging him tightly with a bright smile.

“come in.”

namjoon subconsciously touch the scar on his face before stepping inside, taking of his shoes and putting them next to everyone else's. he also placed his cane there, not wanting to use it out of embarrassment.

“oh! so you did want to come, huh?” yoongi joked.

namjoon scoffed, slowly making his way to a free spot next to an unknown man with a box smile. “well i had nothing better to do.”

“n-namjoon?” 

namjoon froze up, turning to look at the source of the familiar voice.

‘jimin.’