TEXT MESSAGE(8)

— TEXT MESSAGE(8);
the sun is suddenly blue

JIMIN was sitting on the foot of his bed, the thick wooden frame digging into the underside of his foot

JIMIN was sitting on the foot of his bed, the thick wooden frame digging into the underside of his foot. the water ran down his hair in small streams, drops of it getting caught in his shirt or on his still damp skin. the air conditioner beat down his back. the cold chilling his bones but his focus did not waver from his phone.

jimin was a man who could only focus on one thing and one thing only. yet today proved that even the people with the sharpest focus could be thrown off so horrendously. during work, jimin spaced off more than just a handful of times, more than two handfuls. all to replay a conversation that could not be changed no matter how much he wished to change it.

responses that were hours too late rested on his tongue and made him more restless. he couldn't stay quiet for long, he needed to say something. yet a small voice told him not to because maybe namjoon would be too busy- maybe he just needs time. jimin needs answers though, he needs a bit of comfort, instead of silence and hesitant careful sentences.

jimin squeezed the phone that sat on his lap, head hanging low. more and more thoughts flooded his mind, hard to keep them out when the subject of them was namjoon... he turned his phone on and off.

'perhaps... perhaps namjoon already has someone? or... does he not like me?' jimin shook his head, hands over his head and he tugged on his hair.

"why would i even care?" he asked himself, voice rising in pitch before cracking. his chest felt heavy with hurt but he felt stupid... stupid for even feeling hurt- it's just a stupid mishap that's all... this is all just so stupid- he shouldn't worry so much. he shouldn't stress so much but the silence on the other side was deafening. 

jimin threw himself back onto the bed, pulling the covers over his head with one hand and holding on tight to his phone with the other. he let out a frustrated groan, squeezing his eyes shut.

"fuu— dge... argh!" jimin flung the blanket off of him, turning on his phone. he clicked on namjoon's contact. he chewed on his nail, shaking his hand off his mouth once he realized what he was doing. he stared at the screen, finger hovering over the yes button.

call namjoonie?
yes | no

deep breath.

call namjoonie?
yes | no

JIMIN: he fiddles with the buttons on his nightshirt, waiting patiently for namjoon to answer.

ring.

ring.

ring.

VOICEMAIL: "hey, it's namjoon.
sorry i'm busy. call some other time. bye!"

call ended

jimin sighed softly.

"of course you are." he mumbled softly. he put his phone down. yet there was a nagging feeling knocking at the side of his head. he picked it up again, biting down on his tongue.

█████████████████████████████

jiminie: namjoon, please can we talk?
sent at 10:32 pm

please tell me what's wrong?
sent at 10:32 pm

did i say something wrong? please,
just answer. say anything
sent at 10:33 pm

are you sick of me?
deleted

namjoon.... if you do not want to
meet then that's fine, i don't mind.
i'll wait, but i enjoy talking to you
and i don't want to stop talking to you.
just please answer.
sent at 10:36 pm

█████████████████████████████

jimin set his phone down on the drawer, plugging the charger into it. he reached for his lamp, tugging on it and the room was flooded with darkness.

'he'll answer... i know he will.'

he pulled the covers up to his chin, closing his eyes. he relaxed into his bedsheets, letting his mind run off to brighter place and slowly but surely did he fall asleep.

█████████████████████████████

jiminie:
namjoon.... if you do not want to
meet then that's fine, i don't mind.
i'll wait, but i enjoy talking to you
and i don't want to stop talking to you.
just please answer.
read at 12:13 am

█████████████████████████████

namjoon held his phone close to his chest, eyes closed tight.