【10】

"So

"So...who was that?"

My mum smirks at me as soon as I enter, and I immediately wish I told Taehyung to scram while he still had the chance.

"Remember Taeyeon?"

She chortles happily, clapping her hands. "Oh, of course I remember her! Or should I say him. And I gotta say, I'm so glad."

"Glad?" Wasn't she mad just a few moments ago?

"You never showed any interest in any boys in high school, and I was beginning to think you were a lesbian or something, but now look at you with a secret boyfriend. I'm so proud!"

She flings her arms around me, and I stutter, baffled.

"What - no - Eomma, he's not - ah, you're suffocating me!"

Eomma pulls away from me, grinning. "So, tell me all about him! I can't believe you'd hide something like this from me! I mean, I had a feeling since that really weird phone call a few weeks ago, but - "

"Eomma -"

" - I'm not completely stupid ya know, his voice was higher than yours! If he's gonna try to sound like a girl he could've put a little more effort, and he's Korean too! You must let me meet -"

"EOMMA!"

"What?" She simpers.

"He's not my boyfriend!"

She shakes her head, waggling a finger. "I don't believe you. Why did he walk you all the way to our house? And why would you keep him a secret from me, huh?"

"Because of this! What you're doing right now! Asking me all these questions and grilling me like a -"

"Chicken?" My mum giggles. I look beyond her and see a bottle of that cheap wine she loves so much, half-empty. That explains why she's acting so strange.

I sigh. "Eomma, have you been drinking again?"

She pouts. "But I'm bored. What else am I gonna do? Bake a cake?"

"That'd be nice, actually! I don't like how much you drink these days. It's not healthy to drink every night, especially that cheap stuff," I gesture to the bottle.

"Isn't wine supposed to make you live longer?" Eomma drunkenly ponders.

"No, Eomma."

"Oh. Then maybe I should - hey, you're distracting me! We were talking about that boy, what was his name..."

"Taehyung," I give in.

"I wish it wasn't so dark, so I could see him better, but is he good looking? I don't want any ugly grandchildren you know -"

"EOMMA!"

"I'm kidding...but seriously, out of ten, what would you rate him? No, wait, which Korean actor does he look like? Are we talking Park Hyung Shik or is he more of a Lee Min Ho?"