【20】

ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"I bought the cat!"

I burst out laughing at the calico cat that fills the screen, staring into my soul with its bright green eyes. "Wow, Jimin, so you weren't kidding."

"Nope," the cat disappears from the screen, revealing the smiley squinty-eyed Jimin once again. His sandy hair is tousled over his forehead, and his cheeks are swollen as his entire face fills up my phone, grinning excessively. "Her name is Sam-Sam, and I'm going to keep her for a loooong time."

"Are you allowed to? I mean, aren't you living in a dorm?"

Jimin, my best friend since kindergarten, is studying at a prestigious school in Sydney, leaving me down here in cold, unpredictable Melbourne

Jimin, my best friend since kindergarten, is studying at a prestigious school in Sydney, leaving me down here in cold, unpredictable Melbourne. I am envious of him because he gets to live on campus and do whatever he wants, but at the same time I think it would be too hard for me, to be so far away from my family.

When he first left I was mad at him, because he was the only real friend I had for a long time, and in a way, him leaving was the reason I started hanging out with Vic and Frankie and getting into trouble.

But after a year of ignoring his calls and texts, I couldn't take it anymore, so I called him one night, a night where I did something I'm not proud of, and I remember sobbing so hard once he picked up the call, saying how sorry I was, sorry that I pushed him away, and that I shouldn't be mad at him for chasing his dreams at that school which accepted him because he was a top academic student, even if it did mean he was far away from me. Since then, we've never lost touch, making sure to facetime and contact each other as much as possible. However, despite all this, I still miss him a lot, and even though he visited during the winter break, it feels like it's been years since I've seen him.

"Sshh, it's a secret," Jimin presses a finger to his lips with a sly look in his wide eyes, holding the phone out from his face to show Sam-Sam the cat again. "Nobody knows except my roommate that I have her here, and if anyone else finds out, I'll be kicked out for sure."

"Then why did you get her?" I laugh, leaning back on my bed. "You should've just left her at the shop."

"But she's so cute!" Jimin squishes the cat against his face, and I swear the cat gives me a look as if to say, save me.