【11】

ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

She isn't here.

I'm sitting at our usual table in the back corner of the class, alone, watching the door, and waiting for her. Where is she? Is she late?

Half an hour later, I am still alone.

I pull out my phone, checking for any messages from her. There are none. Not that she ever messages me. I am usually the one to reach out first.

Where are ya, ari-yaaa

I wait for her reply for the entire two-hour duration of the class. At one point, our tutor calls on me, and I can barely give him a coherent sentence in response. He gives up on me and asks someone else, someone who isn't glancing at their phone every ten seconds, clutching it desperately in their hand like their life depends on it.

Something is wrong.

I leave the class with my hood over my head and my bag slung on one shoulder, deciding to check the union house food court. Maybe she's there, waiting for me, and for some random reason, she couldn't make it to our two hour class that starts at ten in the morning.

But she's not there. Of course she isn't, and since I'm starving, I have no choice but to sit at a table by myself to eat. But then I spot someone at subway, someone I haven't seen in a while.

"Hyung!" I run up to him, and his eyes widen as he holds out a hand for me to take, pulling him toward me in a brotherly hug.

"Taehyung! I haven't seen you since the first week, man! How's it going?" he asks me in Korean.

I beam at him. "It's going very good, Namjoon-hyung. I'm so glad you're here, come on, let's eat together!"

I yank his arm and lead us both to a table. He is about to sit, but I stop him, pulling out his chair for him. "Wow, I have such a kind and considerate dongsaeng!" he exclaims as I sit in front of him, peeling the lid of my ramen cup.

"Of course, I have to be kind and considerate to my hyung, especially when he is graduating soon, and I won't be seeing him as much."

Namjoon chuckles as he unwraps his sub. "You know I'll be doing my master's degree next year, so I'll still be around. But why haven't I seen you lately? Have you been skipping classes again?" His tone becomes stern and very hyung-like, and I shake my head.

"No, no, I go to all of my classes now. Especially media," I can't help my smile, and Namjoon raises his eyebrows.

"Media? Ah, that's right, it's your breadth isn't it? You must be enjoying it, right?"

"Oh, yeah, hyung, it's the best! My favourite subject! But..."

"Oh, shit! Not again!" Namjoon wails in despair as his sub falls apart in his hands, its meaty contents spilling onto the table. I laugh in the middle of slurping up some noodles at my hyung who somehow always manages to make a complete mess of anything he touches.