【21】

My periods always have the best timing

Not.

Luckily, I locate a packet of pads in the bathroom cabinet, knowing that this is only just the beginning of the worst five days of the month. Except this time, I'm not in the comfort of my own home where I can binge eat and lay around as much as I want. Plus, Eonjin's outfit is not exactly ideal for my situation, but if I change out of it, that means I'll have to explain why, something I don't think I am ready to do. But after the look of disappointment on Eonjin's face once she sees me in a baggy sweater and track pants, I decide that it's better to tell her the truth.

"I have my, you know," I gesture downwards, feeling awkward because I've never had to tell anyone other than my mother before, not even my own so-called friends back in high school.

Eonjin cocks her head to the side. "What?" then she gets it. "Oh! I see," she winks. "If you need anything, just let me know, okay?" she touches my arm, and I nod, forcing a smile as a flash of pain slices through me. Here we go.

It's dinner time, and the entire time I am sitting there, breathing deeply and trying not to show on my face that there is a storm brewing in my lower abdomen. Everyone is talking and laughing but all I can hear is my inner voice screaming.

"You okay? You're really quiet," Taehyung whispers to me in the middle of the meal, brow knitted with concern.

"I'm always quiet," I quip as lightning strikes through my uterus.

"True." Taehyung chuckles, turning back to his food.

As soon as the meal is over, I corner Eonjin. "Do you have any painkillers?"

She nods, eyes wide. "Of course. Follow me."

"Thank you so much," I say after swallowing the pill dry, and Eonjin watches me with the same concern her brother showed me.

"Would you like to lie on my bed?" she is already guiding me to her bed before I can answer, and she practically forces me to lie down, pulling a blanket over me. I can't help but stare as I marvel at her kindness, this same kindness that seems to run through the entire Kim family, even Jeonggyu, who demonstrates his kindness in strange ways, but it's still there, nonetheless.

"Comfortable?" Eonjin smiles, and it is then that I am reminded of our age gap of three years. She seems so mature for her age, although she is the youngest in the family. But then again, sixteen-year-olds are not that young.

"Thank you so much," my smile becomes a grimace as I clutch my stomach, and Eonjin frowns, reaching over to rub my lower back.

"Would you like me to get you a hot water bottle? Those always help for me."

I nod, and she leaves the room as I shut my eyes, trying to flood my mind with happy thoughts. Come on, happy thoughts, where are you?

The happy thought appears in the form of a face. A face with large almond shaped eyes framed with long lashes, and every time those eyes smile, they become crescents, like the moon on the first days of the month -