【13】

We fell asleep

We fell asleep.

I don't remember when, or how, but the next time I open my eyes, the light is darker, and the movie is over.

However, we're not alone.

"Aria! Where are you?"

Eomma.

I stiffen, craning my neck to glance at the sleeping boy who leans against me. He breathes deeply, not moving a muscle, but before I can even detach myself from him, I hear footsteps enter the living room.

"Aria!"

I jump, disturbing Taehyung, who moans, slowly blinking his eyes. We both turn to face my mother, who has a hand over her mouth, the other carrying a bag of takeaway food.

"Eomma! This isn't what it -"

Oh, who am I kidding? It's exactly what it looks like.

We're huddled together under a single blanket, my head on his shoulder and his arm around mine, sleepy-eyed and bemused. But as soon as we realize where we are, we spring apart, the blanket tumbling unceremoniously onto the floor.

"What are you doing? Who's that?" my mum launches into full-on mum mode, while I try to put as much space as possible between him and I.

"Hello! I'm Taehyung," Taehyung greets my mum with a bow and a bright innocent smile, and I see her expression visibly soften as she looks at him properly for the first time.

"Ah, of course, hello Taehyung, nice to finally meet you," her gaze slides to mine with a subtle eyebrow raise, and I can guess exactly what she's thinking. But of course, I don't have to guess, because she then speaks it out loud.

"Aria, how can you keep such a handsome boy all to yourself and not introduce him to your mother sooner, huh?"

I want to die.

"Eomma," I mutter through gritted teeth, but she isn't finished torturing me yet.

"I'm so sorry for my daughter's bad manners, Taehyung. As you probably know, she is not good with people," she apologizes to Taehyung, who has the nerve to laugh.

"It's okay, Aria's mum," Taehyung chuckles, but my mum shakes her head.

"No, no, please, call me Eomeoni," she insists, before gesturing to the bag of what smells like Chinese takeaway. "Are you hungry, Taehyung?"

Please say no, please say -

"Oh, yes, Aria's - I mean, Eomeoni," he nods eagerly. "I'm very hungry."

My mother has the audacity to gasp. "Really? Oh, poor boy. Aria, why didn't you feed him? He's a guest in our house and you didn't give him food?"