【39】

I survived the next couple of weeks on autopilot

Exams. Stress.

Taehyung.

And then, just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, we get a call saying that I have to go to court a week after my last exam to testify against him. The man who ruined so many lives, including my mother's, Taehyung's, and now...me.

The only problem is, I haven't told Taehyung what really happened that night when I shot Victor. In fact, he doesn't even know that I shot Victor.

I don't know why I can't tell him.

Maybe because it's eating me alive on the inside, and if I let it escape, it'll eat him too.

But I will tell him. I have to tell him. One day. Just not today, when we are celebrating the fact that we finished our exams and the entire semester together. Not when it's our three month anniversary.

And not when I'm meeting the son of the restaurant owners for the first time.

"Call me Jin," he beams, the corners of his eyes crinkling being the only sign that he is older than us, otherwise I would think that he is just as old as Taehyung.

"Oh, and this is Nadia, my..."

"Fiancée," the beautiful raven-haired girl holds up a hand that twinkles with a diamond ring, and I gasp.

"Oh my god, congratulations!" I exclaim, even though I have only just met the couple.

"Hyung! Why didn't you tell me? When's the wedding?" Taehyung's eyes are larger than usual as he gapes at the ring, and then at Jin, who chuckles bashfully.

"I plan to tell everyone else now that I'm back home, but we got engaged not too long ago," he says this with an arm around Nadia's waist, his face glowing with pride that she is his, forever and always.

"Not too long ago? Baby, it's been an entire month!" Nadia slaps his chest. "You know how long I've waited to show this beauty off to people?"

"I know, I know," Jin rolls his eyes, smiling. "It must've been hard for you."

"Oh, it was, and that's why you gotta make it up to me," she grabs his collar, eyeing him seductively, and Jin glances at her lips with a smirk. Meanwhile, Taehyung and I glance at each other, clearing our throats.

"Shall we go grab a table? I'm starving," Taehyung's booming voice slices through the air, causing the newly engaged couple to break away from each other and head into the restaurant.

"So I heard that today's a special day for you guys?" Jin inquires once we sit down and order the food.

Taehyung immediately interlocks his fingers with mine and beams. "It's our three month anniversary," he glances at me with a sparkling gaze. "We survived it all together."