chapter 5

It's a bright afternoon and I'm walking alone since dad texted me he can't come. My mom used my car when she left that time. I exhaled as if the day just ended.Thinking about
          my mom, I miss her but I can't cry about it. Maybe I'm still in the state of... shocked

I feel empty but  I feel okay too. Maybe because I've been on this way before.  As long as they haven't sign any papers yet. I stay hopeful... Upon my thoughts, someone interrupted 
 "Do you enjoy the heat?" Noah said suddenly. Frantically I spun around and sees myself under a shade of an umbrella. He giggled and gave an innocent smile "Surprise?" His paws are now hands holding the J- shape handle.  For the first time, the place was clear.
  I smirked at him "finally you did something  sweet, coz this morning you could've lick my face" I blurted out so plainly. My hand mentally punched me many times. He's about to speak when I cut him off "Well we talked about cats today and isn't it strange that you'll be hu-manly to me"

he shrugged a bit and said friendly "I sensed a pun there... Do you want me to be your pet?" 

"I never had one but I can't say yes for now"

"It's okay nothing to rush" 

We walked in the way that is shortcut. The trees gave us wider shade along the path. Then there's a lil girl stopped biking when she saw Noah "Are you a cat?" she asked with a baffled look in her face. Thankfully, no eyes around us.

Noah bowed a bit and said in a kind manner "Yea- I mean if you're talking about costume" he twitched his ears. The girl gives a pat to his ears and tails then continue biking. She said "Alright maybe you'll be late for the party"

I faced Noah who's now standing straight. His grayish purple eyes danced while as he glanced at me. I responded "Party?" hoping he would say something about himself. 

His face cast down and I see a sad expression.