chapter 9

A/N We're sorry the update was a bit late. Unexpected happenings on September just like in the story but all the characters were super different. The last chapter was pretty long I'm trying to make it short. Enjoy your time~

Vixen speaks through the phone "Hey cassey!" his raspy voice sounds happy. At first it was unrecognizable. This was his first time calling me since he got my number 2 years ago. My heart was glad and said "Vixen, how's your d- why did you call me?"
"Well I have spare of tickets. Would you like to join us watch in circus later?"
He asked confidently and I paused "Uhm I will uhm I think" I heard him chuckled and my dad knocks on my door.

Vixen said "Just text me Okay? Marian is coming and I wanna see you there too" he hang up then I hold the door to keep my dad going in. He asked "Are you talking with somebody?"

I glanced at Noah and hesitantly answered "On the phone, yes! And I'll go out later"
"No cassey, your mom isn't here and I can't let you go outside"
That again... "I won't runaway" I said bluntly
"Your mom used to say that and now where is she?" Dad started as I talked to him through the gap of the entrance. We had discussion that I barely remembered. He clenched his teeth and said "Your mom stole money from our business and she'll settle somewhere with her new one"

"How did you know?" I said but with a li'l sarcastic tone. My dad doesn't trust mom since the time he discovered she kept the business' charity as a secret of her own.

"You are talking back Cassey" dad sighed "like mother like daughter" we let silence in before I replied sadly "I won't go anywhere dad" he narrowed his eyes at and smiled happily then start to walk away but I heard him say "I don't trust words anyway"

Noah closed the door slowly and gave me a sorry look. It's a bit an awkward moment and the best thing I did was cover myself under the blankets. Should I blame mom coz she kept a secret from dad about giving charity? Or is it dad too careless in business to blame someone else? But it feels like I'm doing the same thing.

I woke up what it is supposed to be a nap. Hoping it was just a dream... but it's not. And I'm surely gonna be late in school