chapter 12

I see my dad in the living room, my heart have a different beat rythm when I see him holding an envelope. He dropped it to the table and let out a heavy sigh. "Cassey I'm proud of you. That you never failed to do my requests" I gave him a wry smile and he added "So I was thinking that... we don't need your mom to come back"

My mind went blank and all I know is the emotion I've been keeping from what was in the beginning. My eyes glared at him "What do you mean dad?" My voice cracked "With one misunderstanding at night, you're gonna let it all fall apart?"

Dad brushed his head like answering a math exam "You don't understand a thing Cassey. You're still really a kid. Your mom is a liar and selfish person"                                                                        "It's not what I see" I said but being  sensitive at his heart disease.  Controlling myself  from anger. He said like accusing  me "well maybe you are like her. You didn't tell me that you know about your mom's secret until I found out"

The next minutes of the conversation didn't went well.                                                                                                                                                                     

I pulled out the door handle and I rush outside nowhere to go crying. My feet splashed through the wet road and there was a flash of  light. The car jerked on me and I rolled down to the floor.
Eeeeiinggkkk!

I woke up from the beeping sound of the machine and I can't move my body. There's a tingling pain in my back but little comfortable with the hospital dress I'm wearing. The woman beside me was crying like her eyes was an open faucet. "I am sorry my child" she said and I tried to understand her between her sob. My mouth was shaking "mom". She holds my hand tighter.

Then I see a vision of a rainy night. Maybe my mom was driving the car that hit Noah that last time. Eeeeiinggkkk!

 The hospital bright lights shining to the doctor and my dad, whose talking to each other. I heard the doctor's investigation "your daughter is temporarily paralyzed.... but we shall always check to be sure it will not be... for a lifetime"

My dad saw me like he has seen a dead bird on the street and whispered something I can't hear. He pulled the doctor outside the room who was writing something on the clipboard. That moment I tried to recollect myself and ask mom "can I have an apple?"

She looks unimpressed. I turned my head and said "To keep the doctor aw- I'm gonna die anyway"