chapter 13

I couldn't count the nurses visited me but in the end of the night, I'm alone in my hospital room. The lights is dimmed and anxiety become my blanket. I felt so uncertain to the next hour. I've been hearing bad news since yesterday that I can't handle. Anything could get worst? I can see them coming but for the first time I wished I couldn't reckon it.

 A nurse came quietly but it didn't surprised me.  She wears mask and the same white woman uniform.  "Cassey" then I recognized as I shivered "Noah?"

He moved down his mask and reveal his smile with the fang. Then he sits besides me. My eyes widen like a saucer pan looking at his look then my thought asked "How?"

   He explained that he disguised himself and all. And I never understand how he can be invisible from anyone. He moved his shoulder closer and I Leaned my head on it. Soft yet sturdy.I can't help but felt lethargic and all I could remember was him saying "I'm sorry but-" he paused as he move his lips  closer to my face and  continued "I love you Cassey" and kissed my cheek. 

I woke up earlier than usual and forced myself to move a muscle.  Eee! Then I managed to get up. I see my reflection in the mirror. My head had plaster and bandages. Then I heard the door open and my parents have the same faces like yesterday. My mom freaked out "Where's my daughter?" Dad tried to keep her calm. But she stops the moment she saw me standing. Then the doctor rushed in with nurses.  The moment was fast and they let me lay on bed. 

The doctor speaks hesitantly "Mr. and Mrs. Blanca  I don't know what happened to our first findings but right now we're sure your daughter's spine is well. She just need time to heal her scratches"

I Formed a smile and then they discharged me out of the hospital. My dad drives the car. We 3 have this awkward glances and sighs. I  cross my legs wearing the jeans then stared at the window and said "are you two, really over?"

Dad answered before mom could "she almost killed you. What do you think Cassey?"

And mom crossed her arms "I will do my best to keep our family together but if you don't want then I lose" my head aches and all I want is to go home and tell everything to Noah.