Chapter 11

AMELIA POV

After I left Xavier's office, I walked back to mine and sat down to finally do some work. After about a couple hours, it was lunch and I was going to walk to the canteen when Xavier walked to my office.

"Are you hungry Lia?" he asked softly.

"I was actually about to go to the canteen," I say, turning off my laptop.

"Join me for lunch, I have a few colleges I need to introduce you to," he says.

"Umm..okay I guess?" I reply.I throw a piece of paper into the bin and feel Xavier's eyes linger on me.

"Where's your ring?" he asks.

"Shit.." I mumble to myself "I was in such a rush this morning that I forgot to put it on."

"It's okay," Xavier says quietly "We'll stop by your house on the way." I nod and put my burgundy teddy bear coat on.

As we reach the ground floor, where most of my colleagues are, I feel Xavier grab my hand into his. I try to wriggle them out but his grip on them is strong. He finally lets go when we're both seated in his car.

"What was the need to hold my hand?" I whipser/shout.

"People need to know we're 'together' " he says.

"Don't they know we're engaged?"

"Yeah cuz they can see the ring on your finger right?" he says sarcastically. A small smile appears on my face, I couldn't help but find that comment funny.

The ride was short to my house, mostly because Xavier was riding so fast. I go inside and slip on my ring. It was just sitting on the table next to my bed. I was about to walk out when I saw something peek out of Jasmine's closet.

It was the royal blue dress she wore the other day. It was much classier than the pants and top I was wearing so I quickly changed.

It was figure hugging but not tight and I paired it with a sliver choker and kept on my studs. I didn't wear heels because I looked atrocious walking in them. I slipped on white flats and ran out the house.

Xavier sat there bored in the car until the sound of me opening the door pulled him out of his trance.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was just making myself look more presentable," I say smoothing down my dress.

"I noticed." He says monotonously. I roll my eyes at how boring he was.

When we arrived Xavier parked the car and sat there for a moment.

"Are we not going?" I ask.

"Lia, I need you to act professionally infront of my colleagues. No sarcasm," He says, as if he's my mom.

"I can be professional," I say, I was a little offended but didn't want to piss him off.

He nods as he gets out the car and opens the door for me. Before I was even fully stood up he wraps his arm around my waist as we walk into a a quaint restaurant.

We both sat down and settled into a corner table. We had arrived there before these colleagues and so I decided to just peer through the menu.

"Oh my god!" I said, a little louder than expected.

"What's wrong?" Xavier asked with a slight worry.

"This restaurant is so small and cosy but the dishes are like 100 dollars each." I whispered.

A mocking smile appeared on Xavier's face, but before he could say anything the people we were to meet with walked into the restaurant.

We both stood up and greeted them. They were a young couple, both had icy blonde hair but the girl had electric blue eyes.

They sat down in front of us and we made small talk until a waitress came to take our order.

"I'll have a ribeye steak and the lady will have a Caesar salad." He guy said. The waitress quickly noted it down.

"I'll have a beef wellington and my lady will have..?" Xavier pauses so I could say my order.

"I'll have the pasta with shrimp." I smiled at the waitress. She threw a flashing smile back at my before quickly walking back to the busy kitchen.

"By the way.." I whispered into Xavier's ear, "If you ever order for me like him, this marriage is over." I said.

"Don't worry Lia, I know how to treat a lady." He whispered back, his lips barely touched my ear.

After a few minutes of talking I learnt that the woman's name was Angelina and the man's name was Jacob.

"Can I see your ring?" Angelina asked excitedly. I put my hand out so she could see the ring and she was squealed with excitement.

"It's so pretty," she complimented, fawning over it.

"Thank you," I replied, I caught a glimpse of her hand to see she had many rings and bracelets on. I took a minute to see what she was wearing and saw she had a very bohemian style.

"I like your outfit," I smiled at her, she was wearing loose black flowy pants, a pale pink vest and a dream catcher necklace. Her style was odd but she pulled it off.

Soon our food had arrived and we ate whilst making small talk, mostly about our wedding which I would let Xavier answer since I had no idea about the details.

About and hour later I found myself saying goodbye to the couple as we all got up to leave.

"Hopefully we'll see you at the wedding," Jacob said as he shook Xavier's hand, hinting that he wanted an invite. Xavier just nodded and we all left.

"When is our wedding date?" I asked as we were sitting down in the car and putting our seatbelts on.

"I'll find out by tomorrow, my mothers coming." He groaned.

"What's wrong with that?" I laughed.

"I feel sorry for you, she never knew you existed and all of a sudden I'm marrying you." He said.

"This Wedding might not even happen if your mum doesn't like me?" I comment, he nods.

" it's the one thing that could ruin this plan." Xavier sighs as he starts the car.

We drive home in silence, it was awkward, I was about to marry this man but I couldn't even keep up a conversation with him.

Soon we arrived outside my house and Xavier stopped the car.

"I'm going out of the city for a couple days I'll be back Tuesday morning, so you can have Monday off," He says.

I just nod and get out of his car and, without looking back, walk into my house.

As soon as I got inside my phone started ringing.

It was Jayden

"Hey," I answered.

"Hey Mel, just wanted to confirm that we on for tomorrow?" He asked cheerily.

"Yeah I'll see you at the cafe at 2." I say, dreadfully, knowing I have to break the news to him. He says bye and hangs up.

I sigh deeply before getting up and heading towards the shower. I decided to pamper myself tonight.

I had a hot steamy shower and applied a face mask. I was always a shower person, I never liked baths - sitting there in your own dirt.

I snuggled up in the couch with a blanket and a cup of herbal tea and binge watched gossip girl until I fell asleep.
-BanditLuva🖤