Chapter 16

AMELIA POV

"How much is this dress?" I asked the cashier, with a really big smile on my face. This wedding might be fake, but my excitement for it wasn't.

"$800,000 dollars." She said.

"What! I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pick another dress." I say, unzipping it from the side.

"Why?" Annie asked.

"Because it's almost a million dollars, I don't have that kind of money and I don't want to waste Xavier's" I sigh.

"Girl, he is a multi-billionaire this won't bother him," the shopping assistant chips in.

"If he says anything I will deal with it dear." Annie assures me.

"Okay...let's buy it then..." I breathe out and swipe Xavier's card on the card machine.

I take the dress off and give it to a shopping assistant before changing back into my regular clothes. She packs it in a baby pink bag and hands it to me.

"Enjoy your wedding." They say as me and Annie walk out of the boutique.

"I can't wait to show Xavier." I squeal.

"You can't show him, bad luck to see it before the big day." Annie warns. I pout but get over it.

We get into the car and the driver takes us back to the house. Me and Annie both sit in the living room and watch tv and talk till Xavier gets home, around 6.

After a couple more hours we've all had dinner and me and Xavier went to our room.

"We have a Halloween party to go to in two days." He said.

"That sounds like fun, unless it's a business party, then it sounds dead." I say.

"My friend's hosting it, it's a house party." He says.

"What are you going as?" I asked.

"I don't know, probably a devil or something." He shrugs.

"Xavier, you have to dress up not go as something you already are." I say cautiously, before bursting out in laughter.

I thought he would get really pissed but instead I saw a rare thing, a smile on his face.

"That's why you're not going as a witch." He smiled. Obviously offended, I threw a pillow at him and he threw it back. I threw another pillow and this time he crossed the line.

He threw a glass of water a me.

I jumped of the couch and sat opposite him on the bed, playfully hitting him. All of a sudden he pushed me back, so I was lying on my back.

He hovered above me, his lips inches away from mine, smirking. I tried to push him back but he was too strong.

"I win." He whispered so his lips were touching me ears, before getting up and walking to the bathroom.

I just lay there for a moment, sinking in what just happened. When I heard Xavier unlock the bathroom door, I dashed to the couch which luckily wasn't wet.

I went to sleep and so did Xavier, but I couldn't fall asleep and honestly I don't even know why. The moment me and Xavier just shared stayed in my mind.

The next morning I learnt that Xavier didn't need to go to work and I dreaded it, it meant that I would have to be a loving and wifey towards him in front of his mom.

However, I found myself saying goodbye to her as she needed to be in London for an emergency.

"Bye Annie, I know we haven't been together for long but it really was like spending time with my mum." I smile, slightly tearing up.

"I can't wait to spend more time with you at your wedding baby." She hugged me back and then walked out of the door and into a car.

After she left, I flopped onto the couch and Xavier sat on the armchair opposite me.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Well we could go shop for costumes for the party tomorrow," he suggests.

"No thank you, after the wedding dress shopping I've had enough." I say.

"Let me see the dress, I wanna see if it's good enough." He says obnoxiously.

"Umm no... your mum said I can't show you till our wedding day since it's bad luck." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"The wedding isn't real so why do you care?" He asks quite rudely.

"It's real to your mum and I'm gonna make sure at least she enjoys the experience okay?" I say irritated.

He huffs and changes the subject. "What are you going as for the Halloween party?" He asks.

"Well if you really love going as a devil, I guess we could go as an angel and devil." I suggest.

"It would work as a couples costume to really sell the engagement." Xavier added, intrigued.

"So it's settled?" I say and we shake hands on it.

I go to my room and decide to make the costume myself. I had packed a party dress, which thankfully was white and silver. I decided to pair it with my nude heels and silver hoop earrings.

I decided to take a shower tonight instead of rushing myself tomorrow, this was the first time I was seeing Xavier's friends and I wanted to make a good impression.

I washed my hair with my coconut scented shampoo and conditioner and my body with a generic soap bar.

I moisturised my body and applied a face mask, since I was kind of obsessed with skin care. I was lying on the bed relaxing when I heard the door open.

"What the fuck!" Xavier said, slightly shocked when he saw me. 

"It's just a face mask." I say.

He sits at the end of the bed and just stares at me. I finally feel so uncomfortable that I decide to just wash my face.

"What do you wanna eat for dinner?" He asks.

"I'm kinda in the mood for Chinese food." I say.

"I can tell the chefs to make it," he says and gets up.

"No no," I grab his arm and pull him down "Chinese takeaway."

"Oh,"

"You know what, you're clearly lost let me just order." I pick up my phone and order sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice and Xavier got shrimp chow mien.

After the food arrived, Xavier paid the guy and I made sure he gave a good tip, no point being a billionaire if you can give a good tip right?

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Sure, pick whatever you want."

I pick up the remote and obviously put on a Disney movie, one of my favourites, Beauty and the Beast.

We sit next to each other and I'm covered in a blanket. The room was dark except for the bright light of the television and a lamp in the corner of the room.

"You know, Beauty and the Beast is kind of like us," I say.

"How so?" Xavier replies, more focused on picking up the empty takeout boxes.

"You're the beast who's making me marry him." I say bluntly.

"Well the only difference is that we won't fall in love," he says and walks to the bin in the kitchen.

I don't know why but hearing those words kinda hurt my feelings. I felt like there was a weight on me for the rest of the night and until I fell asleep.

I knew I didn't have any feelings for Xavier, honestly the whole encounter with Jayden kind of put feelings on pause.

I decided to not give it much thought and soon fell into a deep sleep.

-BanditLuva🖤