Chapter 22

AMELIA POV

Fluid jazz music was playing throughout the hotel as Xavier and I walked as in hand in hand, first time as a married couple. All the guests cheered as we entered the venue where the reception was held.

The music changed to a slow classical song, that I again had never heard of, for our first dance.

"Let's have our first dance, my bride," Xavier whispered huskily in my ear as his hands made their way to my waist. I threw my hands onto his strong shoulders and we began to slowly sway to the music.

"You know...I've never heard of any of the music that has been played today," I confess to him.

"I had an orchestra write brand new music for our wedding." He says, and I just roll my eyes.

"Of course you did."

It felt surreal, as if I was transferred into another paradise with Xavier, my head resting on his shoulder held in his embrace. It felt safe.

That's when it hit me - it was fake. I had been so caught up in enjoying the moment that I forgot about the reality.

This 'dream' wedding, the 'perfect' man and this lifestyle I was looking forward to was all fake, and in a year it would be over.

"My 365 day countdown begins," I murmur in Xavier's ear, he chuckles lowly. The song soon ends and we spend most of the afternoon greeting Xavier's family.

"Mr Russo's here," Xavier says to me, I quickly finish my conversation with Jodie and we make our way toward him.

He greets me with a hug, "Your ceremony was so beautiful, I never thought Xavier here could have a romantic bone in his body." he laughs.

"Yeah his vows surprised me too," I say honestly.

"I can tell you're very eager to get this contract signed, boy." M Russo says, putting his arm on Xavier's shoulder. He pulls out an envelope from his blazer pocket. Xavier opens it and scans the contract, a smile sneaking on his face when he finished reading it.

He pulls out a pen from his pocket and signs the paper, giving it back to him. "Pleasure doing business with you," they shake hands and Mr Russo makes his way to the bar.

"Oh my God, Xavier we did it!" I whisper/yell.

"Yes now let's enjoy the rest of our wedding," he grins.

After a couple of hours of dancing and drinking, the only people left were Jasmine, Jodie Xavier's mum and his best man. Everyone including me and Xavier were pretty much ready to go.

"Here you go," Jasmine said, handing me a suitcase, "I've packed it for you."

"What is this for?" I ask.

"Your honeymoon."

"Honeymoon?"

A car horn beeps grasping my attention, I see Xavier in the driver's seat of a beautiful white Range Rover. "Ready to go Lia?" he calls out. 

I walk toward him, "Go where?"

"You can't have a wedding without a honeymoon," He raises an eyebrow.

"Isn't this a little too much?" I question, implying the fact that this wedding was fake.

"Welcome to the rich life, sweetheart," he grins, patting the seat next to him for me to sit down.

Reluctantly, I sit down next to him, as a doorman puts my suitcase and what I'm guessing is Xavier's suitcase into the boot. He begins to drive, we don't talk much but its not awkward.